Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Re: Unfit to drive?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My favourite film - can't watch it with out dressing up and joining in though ! Would be honoured to be driven by any of the cast
I loved that film so much, just awesome.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
An old pal of mine ten years younger than I has just been dognosed with early stages of Dementia. His doctor has told him its his duty to inform the DVLC. My pal is devastated! I see no change in him whatsoever other than a little memory loss, but then most of us have got some sign of that if we own up. He lost his wife suddenly a couple of years ago and is now dreading his life to come.
You don't have to give up driving immediately, as long as you are still capable of driving safely then you can continue doing so until you are not in such a position.

Of course, the problem is that a person cannot properly judge their own ability (hence why drink drivers think they are "fine" after a few pints) so that makes the process quite risky and difficult to determine.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 08:20 PM

Perhaps the person who is making all the rules is worried about his own sexuality, that's sometimes the case.
People are people at the end of the day, whatever their sexuality etc. I'm happy to accept anyone if they're genuine and not affecting anyone else.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;589183]It's shocking how Russia is treating anyone different, how they treat gay people is no better than how some of the extreme middle eastern countries do. :-( It's very dangerous to be different in todays world.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think that can be very true Julie. I wonder if it sometimes starts in the playground, kids ganging up against a black child, or a fat one, or someone who dresses differently ? Some children say they get bullied if they can't afford the same posh trainers as someone else even etc.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Perhaps the person who is making all the rules is worried about his own sexuality, that's sometimes the case.
People are people at the end of the day, whatever their sexuality etc. I'm happy to accept anyone if they're genuine and not affecting anyone else.

Well said Twiz.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 12:09 AM

The only time i stopped driving was when this beautiful young lady was thumbing a lift. Of course I stopped and she got in
we got talking and I asked her what she did for a living. She said she didn't have to work as she was a witch.
Now of course I did not believe her until she put her hand on my knee and I turned into a layby.

Ok the jokes are getting worse, but at 11.08pm what do you expect?
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
An old pal of mine ten years younger than I has just been dognosed with early stages of Dementia. His doctor has told him its his duty to inform the DVLC. My pal is devastated! I see no change in him whatsoever other than a little memory loss, but then most of us have got some sign of that if we own up. He lost his wife suddenly a couple of years ago and is now dreading his life to come.
Sorry to hear about your friend EZ, hopefully any progression is very slow and he'll have many years of driving and a fulfilling life.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The only time i stopped driving was when this beautiful young lady was thumbing a lift. Of course I stopped and she got in
we got talking and I asked her what she did for a living. She said she didn't have to work as she was a witch.
Now of course I did not believe her until she put her hand on my knee and I turned into a layby.

Ok the jokes are getting worse, but at 11.08pm what do you expect?
I quite enjoyed that joke RS.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top