Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Re: Living to 100 years old

I read something years ago that conscientious people live longer and the definition of conscientious is to do one’s work or duty well and thoroughly, which describes me.

None of my family were particularly long-lived as far as I know but just how many of them filled the conscientious criteria I've no idea!

I am a conscientious person and always have been and, at 63 I already have a number of health issues that could reduce my life span but I try not to think of that!

There's also the possibility of accidents - I'm off work today because I had a fall yesterday at work and ended up in hospital.

My mother-in-law is heading for 91 soon but to me she just doesn't seem to enjoy her life and hasn't done in the 20 years I've known her so perhaps reaching 100 isn't for everyone as surely some element of your mental well-being must impact on you? stevmk2
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 12:36 PM

I am very sorry that you fell and had to go to hospital, I do hope you feel better soon.
Best wishes mate
Bob
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
I am very sorry that you fell and had to go to hospital, I do hope you feel better soon.
Best wishes mate Bob
Thanks Bob - I fell and hit my head, knee and elbow.

Can't remember exactly what happened either as my first recollection was the belief that someone had whacked me on the head!
That was when I was laying on the floor, surrounded by people all talking at once and almost drifting into unconsciousness!

As I'm deaf I was very confused at the time and they all thought I'd passed-out.

It took a while before I realised what had happened - a resident's curtain hooks had come undone so instead of going for a ladder I'd stepped on a folding chair and it turned out to be faulty.

Everyone said the same thing too - "you never do daft things like that!" which is true, so you see, accidents could also shorten your life! stevmk2
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Thanks Bob - I fell and hit my head, knee and elbow.

Can't remember exactly what happened either as my first recollection was the belief that someone had whacked me on the head!
That was when I was laying on the floor, surrounded by people all talking at once and almost drifting into unconsciousness!

As I'm deaf I was very confused at the time and they all thought I'd passed-out.

It took a while before I realised what had happened - a resident's curtain hooks had come undone so instead of going for a ladder I'd stepped on a folding chair and it turned out to be faulty.

Everyone said the same thing too - "you never do daft things like that!" which is true, so you see, accidents could also shorten your life! stevmk2
Can I just tell you that my father fell and ended up in hospital, we had to go down to devon and look after him or he would not have been let out.
My wifes mum also fell down and had to be taken to hospital.
It is very common for this to happen, please look after yourself.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top