Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
kim1961
Herefordshire
kim1961 is female  kim1961 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 09:06 AM

Typical Sunday

Good Morning all

I hope all is well in your world

Is there a typical Sunday for you or are they all different?

Back in the day when I was young ( and dinosaurs roamed the earth!) we'd have a Sunday roast. I can still smell the mint from the garden which Mum would chop and mix with vinegar ( she's in a Nursing Home now and i buy mint sauce from Tesco! )

So....do you do the traditional Sunday? or is your Sunday different each time? or something else?

xx
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 09:19 AM

Re: Typical Sunday

I do try to make a roast dinner, but there have been exceptions. But then again, I might make a roast dinner several times in the week, so really each week depends on what I have in the fridge/freezer, whether I've just been shopping, or what I'm doing.

Sometimes I might be down the allotment, get tired and just won't feel like cooking. Being retired I take each day as it comes and do whatever I feel like doing at the time.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 09:31 AM

Since I retired at the age of seventy I still look upon weekends in the same way as before. Its a couple of days when try to do the things I want to do. Just relax, unwind, watch the same old stuff on telly, potter in the garden if its not cold enough to freeze yer bits off! Go for long walks or go out for long bike rides, if its not cold enough to freeze yer bits off! Sunday roast? Could'nt go without that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 09:32 AM

Had glimpses of a traditional Sunday when I lived as a child with my Nan, I liked the Sunday afternoon tea when all her boys would turn up with their wives and kiddies for the spread - I loved the 'family' atmosphere ........
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 09:51 AM

A typical Sunday does include a roast but other than that it's like the rest of the week now we're retired. Maybe a walk or a visit to the garden centre or working in my garden. Hey ho, life is one big round of pleasure seeking !
kim1961
Herefordshire
kim1961 is female  kim1961 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Pleasure seeking sounds good!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Good morning all.

Yes we are having a Roast today.

Lovely and sunny here this morning.

Have a nice day all.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:11 AM

A typical Sunday here could be going to one of the markets in the morning, possibly out for lunch or dinner later, sitting around with friends, a drive out and a walk with the dog, come to think of it pretty much like most days here. Quite often a roast dinner but not often in the summer, too hot to eat much then.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:32 AM

I hated Sundays. My folks were slavishly religious and I was kicked out to Sunday school & church. As presbyterians, there was no domestic work on Sunday and it was best clothes. Sometimes we envied the catholics who didn't seem to have these restrictions (as long as they felt guilty about it).

My mother was (with apologies to all Weegies) of the Glasgow school of cookery. A stick it in the pot and boil it till it's unrecognisable style of food.
It was good, but highly unimaginative. The only seasoning was salt.

I abandoned religion and gradually Sunday became just another day. In Hampshire the shops and pubs were open on Sunday and it was a much more relaxed time. On vsits back to the western isles however, I was reminded of the days when everything closed on the Sabbath.

Here in Aberdeenshire, it's very secular. Sunday is just another day, but we still make a Sunday "roast" - which today is Salmon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Sundays vary a little sometimes I cook lunch for the children , usually just myself and today I am making bread and marmalade (batch number 2).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top