Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Burnt on grease

Anyone got any advice on how to remove burnt on grease from a glass Pyrex plate? I've scrubbed with Vim, soaked in bleach, used cream cleaners and nothing seems to shift it. None of the so-called abrasive pads are up to the task.
Thanks for any help.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Re: Burnt on grease

Biological washing powder make it into a thick paste, or if you have a pot you can heat on the stove boil a solution of it in the pan.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Anyone got any advice on how to remove burnt on grease from a glass Pyrex plate? I've scrubbed with Vim, soaked in bleach, used cream cleaners and nothing seems to shift it. None of the so-called abrasive pads are up to the task.
Thanks for any help.
Oooh Eccles, where did you get the Vim from? I've been trying to buy Vim or the old Ajax for ages. I read somewhere Tescos sold it, but none in when I looked.

Hope you get the stains off the Pyrex - I've never quite managed it, so will be interested to see what works.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Oooh Eccles, where did you get the Vim from? I've been trying to buy Vim or the old Ajax for ages. I read somewhere Tescos sold it, but none in when I looked.

Hope you get the stains off the Pyrex - I've never quite managed it, so will be interested to see what works.
Hi Marion I bought my supply of Vim from Amazon
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hi Marion I bought my supply of Vim from Amazon
Thank you Mags

Sometimes you get an awkward thing to clean that only the old Vim/Ajax will do !! I've been using my Biological Washing powder as an abrasive when I've need it, and it's done the trick as far as floors are concerned - but still fancy some Vim!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:24 PM

I wonder if oven cleaner will get your glass Pyrex plate free from grease?
Oven Pride is very good for ovens - it might work.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Soaked in soda crystals should work
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 06:45 PM

Thanks ladies, will try soda crystals first. As for the Vim, I used to work in an old fashioned hardware shop and bought it there. I don't often use it so it's lasted a couple of years so far.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 09:37 PM

Try a brillo pad ...

You can get Vim from Home Bargains for less than £1 ... I use it on my white kitchen sink
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

13-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Try a brillo pad ...

You can get Vim from Home Bargains for less than £1 ... I use it on my white kitchen sink
Just the job Myrtle, I need to pop in there today for my sunflower seeds, so will look for some.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top