Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 04:55 PM

Re: The occult

Originally Posted by Older git ->
The occult?

More like a bit of slap and tickle to this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9nVmAS8Fo
I find your reply very funny but I am sure here is an element of that to it.

I can back up my statement if I mention the hell fire club In High Wickham with a history of this sort of thing from victorian times.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 05:23 PM

I maintain a healthy respect having known people who were pagans and I once knew someone who claimed to be a druid.

I believe it's ill-advised to call anything that you have no actual, detailed knowledge of as complete nonsense, and that includes the occult and spiritualism.

Read into that whatever you wish but I have seen strange things in my life that defy description and I still do see things that others around me often do not.

I've also been in situations or places where a complete stranger knew that I'd seen something because he or she had also obviously seen it!

That's a bizarre occurrence I can assure you! stevmk2
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I maintain a healthy respect having known people who were pagans and I once knew someone who claimed to be a druid.

I believe it's ill-advised to call anything that you have no actual, detailed knowledge of as complete nonsense, and that includes the occult and spiritualism.

Read into that whatever you wish but I have seen strange things in my life that defy description and I still do see things that others around me often do not.

I've also been in situations or places where a complete stranger knew that I'd seen something because he or she had also obviously seen it!

That's a bizarre occurrence I can assure you! stevmk2
It's all very interesting.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 05:54 PM

If you live, or visit, the Isle of Man, when crossing the Fairy Bridge you always have to wave and say "hello" to the Little People.

We stopped and took a closer look last year and the bridge and trees next to the stream are strewn with notes and "gifts" for the Little People.

So there are plenty of folk who do believe them.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
If you live, or visit, the Isle of Man, when crossing the Fairy Bridge you always have to wave and say "hello" to the Little People.
We stopped and took a closer look last year and the bridge and trees next to the stream are strewn with notes and "gifts" for the Little People.
So there are plenty of folk who do believe them.
I'd be another Cheshire Cat - you never know..........stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
I find your reply very funny but I am sure here is an element of that to it.

I can back up my statement if I mention the hell fire club In High Wickham with a history of this sort of thing from victorian times.
Bob, you have to go on personal experience and if you've had experience of such a thing, then you are a believer.

I am also a believer. Not because of something I imagined. Something that was witnessed by myself and my husband at the same time.

Like everything else in life, it's a purely personal thing, and if you haven't experienced it, then you can understand why people don't believe. I'm sure I'd be the same.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 07:15 PM

You are right, I have had no experience of the occult and what people have told me has always seemed a bit strange. Perhaps it's because I have had to much science and technology. It has numbed my brain to anything which does not have a scientific foundation. This includes faith healing, crystals etc. I have mixed with loads of people that do believe but I cannot take it on board, it always seems a bit of a laugh. It actually puts me in a good mood for larking about. I am trying to be very honest here.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:51 PM

all I can say is what I experienced, call it what you will and I quite understand those who have not experienced anything out of the ordinary to scoff. it is a bit like getting a pain in the body, you know what or how bad it is but others can't possibly know or understand.

Let me expand a bit

many many years ago i had a mini van, only had wing mirrors no central mirror.
Leaving work one evening I was going down to my parents place in Cornwall from surrey and taking a work colleague with me as she had relative down that way as well.

WE got onto what was called "the Goss Moors" on the A30 and this was a stretch of roman road, dead straight as far as one could see.

Looking in the mirror I saw headlights coming up fast from behind, so much so that they blinded me as it appeared to be right on the back of my mini van.

So I slowed and stopped, got out to give this nutter a good thumping, I was that mad, and nothing was there, not a thing, I could see for many miles back. The girl with me asked what was wrong and i just said i felt a bit tired, which I didn't, but not wanting to scare her.

I still remember it as though it was yesterday not mid 1960's it made that impact on me
Now i know and completely understand people saying what a load of rubbish etc but I swear to this day that actually happened

Strangely enough one of our clients at the kennels use to live down that way and he did say the police were often informed that motorist had hit something/someone and other such events. the police record book had quite a few notifications in it.

That is just one of three or for instances I wish to recall here

Make of it what you will.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 08:54 PM

I've had the odd experience I can't explain, no doubt like many other people, but that doesn't mean a rational explanation doesn't exist. Just because someone can't explain something doesn't mean it has a supernatural cause behind it. Religion, the occult, the supernatural, it's all hogwash and should have been set aside generations ago for the primitive superstitions they are.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

13-01-2015, 09:49 PM

Religion is a strange one, do you know every culture that has ever surfaced in humanity has had some form of belief system. Scientists say there is a part of our brain which desperately wants to believe in some sort of deity, god, super being which watches over us and cares for our well being, without it we can become mentally ill. We cannot escape it, we all believe in something that means that we may be agnostics but there are very few true athests among us. Think very carefully before you say you believe in nothing.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top