Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Re: Selfies

I did very occasionally try to take a selfie but my lack of success has lead to a cessation of the practice - there are only so many pictures of an ear or my chin that I need.

My middle son (more money than sense) bought himself a GoPro for Christmas it included one of those ubiquitous selfie sticks so beloved of Chinese travellers. Shortly afterwards I sent him this article which appeared on the ABC website - quite a good read.

The selfie stick, dubbed the "wand of narcissism", is now an essential carry-on item for many travellers.

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:38 AM

You know I can almost understand the use of the stick.. In years gone by while on holiday you might have asked a friendly fellow tourist to snap a photo of you (and OH) at whatever destination you were visiting ..These days there is the rather large risk of seeing your fellow tourist doing a good impression of Usain Bolt with your camera/phone as soon as you hand it over never to be seen again...

(even so I wouldnt be seen dead with one)
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Not selfish, I would say vain ...
Oh dear maybe 'insecure' ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh dear maybe 'insecure' ?
Judging by their 'I love me' expressions - Vain
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Judging by their 'I love me' expressions - Vain
Does my avatar say 'I love me' ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Does my avatar say 'I love me' ?
No - you look in pensive mood - I associate selfies with pouting celebs
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I did very occasionally try to take a selfie but my lack of success has lead to a cessation of the practice - there are only so many pictures of an ear or my chin that I need.

My middle son (more money than sense) bought himself a GoPro for Christmas it included one of those ubiquitous selfie sticks so beloved of Chinese travellers. Shortly afterwards I sent him this article which appeared on the ABC website - quite a good read.

The selfie stick, dubbed the "wand of narcissism", is now an essential carry-on item for many travellers.

I have never seen those before, I suppose it you are into selfies, they are quite a good idea.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

14-01-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No - you look in pensive mood - I associate selfies with pouting celebs
ah right ... I can't 'do' pouting

Maybe I could get some lip implants hmmmmmmmmm
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:09 PM

I once asked a customs officer what was the ideal picture of one's self and he said, "Elegant, functional, and easy on the eye" Sounds like the wife says I. (pity she can't see this, a few brownie points to be had there methinks.)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:16 PM

I hate having my photograph taken and will avoid it at all costs so can't imagine taking any of myself

I think the 'selfie' is a rather strange concept ..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top