Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:20 PM

Re: Selfies

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hate having my photograph taken and will avoid it at all costs so can't imagine taking any of myself

I think the 'selfie' is a rather strange concept ..
I used to be phobic about having my pic taken and would go into panic mode if anyone produced a camera !

Maybe I'm making up now for all the snaps there haven't been of me
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:21 PM

Just another selfish word used by the me, me, me, generation I think.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I used to be phobic about having my pic taken and would go into panic mode if anyone produced a camera !

Me too, Rachel. I HATE getting my pic taken. Although I have to say, my partner takes the best pics of me.

I have taken a selfie, when I joined Facebook. Infact, it's all the rage on Facebook at the moment to put on your first profile pic. Four years ago and I look totally different. Wish I still looked like that now

I hate any kind of pouting lips pics on women, but then I dislike the pouting, fluttering eyelashes and poor little me type of woman anyway.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Just another selfish word used by the me, me, me, generation I think.
*snarls but feels gratified to be thought of a ? 20 year old*

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Me too, Rachel. I HATE getting my pic taken. Although I have to say, my partner takes the best pics of me.
It's very useful if you know someone who can do that and it will boost the self-esteem
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Rachel if I looked as young and lovely as you maybe I wouldn't mind so much
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 02:21 PM

The Pic' on here of Me was taken 18months ago when I discovered the new laptop had a built-in web-cam,so of course I had to try it...does that make Me self obsessed?...NO..def' not ;~)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 03:50 PM

Of course it doesn't make you self obsessed if you take a profile pic of yourself. I think it's more self obsessed going about asking people to take pics of you?

I like to see pics of people, rather than other types of avatars. That's just me
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 04:01 PM

My OH and I took a 'selfie' to try out my new Tablet and we looked as though we'd been dug up !! Never again !! 'Fronties' done on our camera are much more forgiving, especially if taken several feet away !!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
My OH and I took a 'selfie' to try out my new Tablet and we looked as though we'd been dug up !! Never again !! 'Fronties' done on our camera are much more forgiving, especially if taken several feet away !!
PMSL....I used a cordless mouse from a few feet away DL..that way You can't see so much of the bags and wrinkles :~)..A close-up scared the bejayzus outta Me,lol.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
PMSL....I used a cordless mouse from a few feet away DL..that way You can't see so much of the bags and wrinkles :~)..A close-up scared the bejayzus outta Me,lol.

How do you use a cordless mouse AB? Not heard of using one of those to take photos, but then.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top