Join for free
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:49 PM

Re: forming a closed group for sharing experiences

I'm not a fan of them either.

Closed groups can be divisive. I applied to join a closed group once and the members voted ... and I was told they voted .... No, I couldn't join. Which did wonders for my ego and left me wondering the names of those jogging happily around the public forum who had blackballed me... but were nice to me to my face.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:22 PM

it smacks of elitism, secrecy and snobbishness etc etc etc - NO to closed groups. "if it's getting too hot in the kitchen etc etc etc"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:24 PM

I've noticed a few here on this forum are very interested in paranormal activity , including spiritualism and esoteric
I actually think private groups discussing this particular subject have the potential to prey on the vulnerable and those easily influenced.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I also agree with this point of view.

Same here. It could open the floodgates for all sort of closed subjects. Hmm, the mind boggles. . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't like closed groups either, it means potentially dangerous and harmful theories can go unchallenged.

That's true Meg. I agree.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 01:02 AM

Thankyou all , it's great to have your feedback and I agree with all of you . I did not realise there were other forums where this subject could be discussed so I will look those out . Also it didn't occur to me to personally message others who had posted interesting experiences . I am really enjoying meeting you all , and yes I've not been on the forum very long and have had very interesting discussions with most of you . I shall certainly carry on taking part and hearing of others experiences .

Thankyou once again . Should any members wish to make personal contact with me it will be great to hear from you x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 08:06 AM

We already seem to have started on the 'closed' groups.
There's a supporters section that's strictly private - it does make you wonder what they talk about doesn't it?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We already seem to have started on the 'closed' groups.
There's a supporters section that's strictly private - it does make you wonder what they talk about doesn't it?
Nothing much at all actually Carole
Rather like the 25 post section it gives members the opportunity to post about a subject they do not want picked up by the search engines so that may be something very personal concerning a family member or a problem with neighbours. That is all. What those sections are not is restricted to one subject with no one allowed to question it.

The section is there to give 'a little something extra' back to those members who are kind enough to donate to help support the site so we all have somewhere to post.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 08:38 AM

A no to closed groups from me also. Closed groups can breed suspicion and paranoia amongst some people. A really bad idea, at least in my opinion.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 08:43 AM

Personally I don't like the thought of a closed thread.

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top