Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Re: Half of all new social houses to be built will go to migrants

How's much work have you ever done in you life Tara?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 12:17 PM

These girls certainly bear that claim out, they are working their asses off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-38841587
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Not surprised.

There's a report in today's Daily Mail but I can't do a link.
Hi

Read the link, but where does it say Social Housing?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How's much work have you ever done in you life Tara?
A heck of a lot from a young age. My sisters and I had to help out in the greenhouses when we were kids at weekends and school holidays, as well as planting daffodil bulbs in the fields. That was hard physical labour. When I was about 13 I was left in charge of the horticultural business whilst my parents were on holiday in the UK. I had to get up early and open the 'lights' ventilators before school and check on the staff. When I came home I had to ensure all was ok before doing my prep. My sisters and I deserved our inheritance.

I have worked hard in our home during our marriage, not only raising our birth children but two adopted sons and a foster son with special educational needs. I am now my husband's carer, not an easy task as he doesn't accept he needs a carer. NO I don't get a carer's allowance!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Read the link, but where does it say Social Housing?
Well how are migrants supposed to afford a mortgage when our own young people on two salaries can't? I'm pretty sure they will be talking about social housing, although you are right it doesn't say that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Well how are migrants supposed to afford a mortgage when our own young people on two salaries can't? I'm pretty sure they will be talking about social housing, although you are right it doesn't say that.
Hi

The EU Migrants round here get Private Rents, they don't get Social Housing.

I don't know what the situation is elsewhere.

Housing here is remarkably cheap compared to many parts of the UK.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
A heck of a lot from a young age. My sisters and I had to help out in the greenhouses when we were kids at weekends and school holidays, as well as planting daffodil bulbs in the fields. That was hard physical labour. When I was about 13 I was left in charge of the horticultural business whilst my parents were on holiday in the UK. I had to get up early and open the 'lights' ventilators before school and check on the staff. When I came home I had to ensure all was ok before doing my prep. My sisters and I deserved our inheritance.

I have worked hard in our home during our marriage, not only raising our birth children but two adopted sons and a foster son with special educational needs. I am now my husband's carer, not an easy task as he doesn't accept he needs a carer. NO I don't get a carer's allowance!
Good for you, and you don't believe the shite that is written in the gutter press either.
No migrant has ever taken my job away from me, but successive Tory governments have done so. The present one won't get a chance because I will have retired by then.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

So you haven't actually worked outside of your family business?
As for looking after your husband isn't that what you signed up for when you married him ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Good for you, and you don't believe the shite that is written in the gutter press either.
No migrant has ever taken my job away from me, but successive Tory governments have done so. The present one won't get a chance because I will have retired by then.
Depends what work you do it's hard to compete with young Eastern Europeans in the cleaning industry. They start their own businesses, good on them, then only employ their own nationals, discrimination that a British person would not get away with. They work harder ? No they ignore our laws and rules which is great for employers wanting cheap labour that works all hours, we fought for better.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
So you haven't actually worked outside of your family business?
As for looking after your husband isn't that what you signed up for when you married him ?
I worked when I left school until I married.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top