Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:37 PM

Re: This is now Boring.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Lots of other people don't vote either.

He is an MEP - that's what he is doing there.

How do you change the common fisheries policy when you the only person in the EU Parliament wanting to change it ?

Can you tell me ?
Of course if they were politicians of principle, they could refuse to take their seats after elected. But then they would forfeit their MEP salary and allowances, which they don't seem keen to do. In fact UKIP are on record as boasting about how much money their MEPs claim, for not doing their jobs properly. This not being enough, two UKIP MEPs were jailed for expense fraud and benefit fraud and last year two further UKIP MEPs were forced to repay nearly £40k to the European Parliament after being found to have used allowances improperly.

The cheeky bastward is being paid by the British tax payer and therefore should be doing the job he is being paid for, like everybody else!!

And you have the audacity to wing about the EU??
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:45 PM

Lots of other people don't vote either.

He is an MEP - that's what he is doing there.

How do you change the common fisheries policy when you the only person in the EU Parliament wanting to change it ?

Can you tell me ?
I hear that there are 73 UK MEPs over there!

Do we have regular updates on what they are doing for us?

Do we even know who they are?

At least we've heard of Farage!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Nigel Farrage has been protesting openly for many years UJ inside the institution trying to subvert it and find out exactly how it works. He hasn't voted much because he realised voting in the eu made little or no difference as they don't respect democratic votes.

I'd have thought an old campaigner like you would appreciate his protest, peaceful and determined over 25 years.
Quite so.

The EU Parliament is nothing more than a nonsensical show. They talk, they argue, they vote, but that's it.

The real decisions are taken by an unassailable Commission of (I think) 28. That's as near as you can get to a true dictatorship.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I bet you haven't heard of most of the MEPs.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Of course if they were politicians of principle, they could refuse to take their seats after elected. But then they would forfeit their MEP salary and allowances, which they don't seem keen to do. In fact UKIP are on record as boasting about how much money their MEPs claim, for not doing their jobs properly. This not being enough, two UKIP MEPs were jailed for expense fraud and benefit fraud and last year two further UKIP MEPs were forced to repay nearly £40k to the European Parliament after being found to have used allowances improperly.

The cheeky bastward is being paid by the British tax payer and therefore should be doing the job he is being paid for, like everybody else!!

And you have the audacity to wing about the EU??

Urgghhhh the politics of principle.

All principles do is force you into making bad decisions .

Labour committed expense fraud - they also invaded Iraq illegally instead of saving the NHS from privatisation... then borrowing through PFI and ...privatizing the NHS.

Principles ... All Farage would be doing is exercising the principle of "wasting his time".
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Only because he's despicable example of a human being!!! - and yes I do happen to know who my MEP is - Keith Taylor - a member of the GREEN party.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Urgghhhh the politics of principle.

All principles do is force you into making bad decisions .

Labour committed expense fraud - they also invaded Iraq illegally instead of saving the NHS from privatisation... then borrowing through PFI and ...privatizing the NHS.

Principles ... All Farage would be doing is exercising the principle of "wasting his time".
Must be me, I thought we where talking about the useless UKIP mep's!!!!!

Can't argue about what Labour have done or the Con's as I agree with you, but in my local town we finished up with 2 new hospitals a walk in centre, and 3 out patient centres. If that improvement was brought about via PFI, bring it on.

And yes Farage may think he's wasting his time but he is being payed for f all. Most people would have resigned on moral grounds.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 02:05 PM

Can't argue about what Labour have done or the Con's as I agree with you, but in my local town we finished up with 2 new hospitals a walk in centre, and 3 out patient centres. If that improvement was brought about via PFI, bring it on.

And yes Farage may think he's wasting his time but he is being payed for f all. Most people would have resigned on moral grounds.
Wherein a small country can be great.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...exit-1-5778648
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-12-2018, 02:09 PM

I think you will find most people on the Brussels gravy train are being paid for f all including the EU Council.

Do you think no politician has the right to abstain a vote ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 09:01 PM

I think you will find most people on the Brussels gravy train are being paid for f all including the EU Council.

Do you think no politician has the right to abstain a vote ?

Hi

You may find that people take more notice of your posts if you gat your facts right.

First of all you posted that the UK would get £600 Billion in WTO Tariffs from the EU.

When challenged you eventually reduced that figure to £60 Billion.

Another completely false figure.

You were challenged again , because £60 Billion is still massively overstated.

You have not withdrawn that or apologised.

Your posts are so inaccurate that they are worthless.

A complete fabrication and misrepresentation of the facts.

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top