Join for free
Page 36 of 46 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 > Last »
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Re: The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

I would call it a miracle that young Fabrice has pulled through. To think this young lad was dead for such a long time, and as come through it. It's amazing what doctors can do these days.
I do hope and pray, that the future looks good for Fabrice and his family.

It was good to see all football fans,and players. Pulling together, for this young lad.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Couldn't agree more shaz, still a long way to go but a near miracle in my book.

Back to our various favourites, only Jim's lot are anywhere near constant whilst Liverpool seem to be incapable of holding a lead and getting a result until a cup competition arises! Absolutely shameful, the way they threw a 2 goal lead away 13 minutes from the end of the game at QPR who scored 3 goals to cast more gloom over the men from Anfield.
I guess Hammer will be slating Sam Alardyce again LOL and John is about to give up the ghost, come on Annie, what about the Gunners?
Good luck this weekend everybody
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-03-2012, 11:24 PM

Bob, it is not hard to slate Allardyce, he makes it far too easy.
I went to this match as my mates said I needed a bit of therapy but in truth I should have stayed at home.

I left Turf Moor and enjoyed the lovely sunshine on the Brunshaw road while waiting for my good mates to collect me. Despite the warm weather I could not get rid of the feeling that we had been beaten. I say this because at this stage of the season a single point must go down as a loss. If we want to get promoted we have to get the results whilst playimg with a bit of freedom and flair, a bit like the two cluba ahead of us in the table.

Five draws on the bounce is not a recipe for success and we will shortly only have the prospect of the play-offs to have any chance.

I read on the clubs pages that Allardyce said he was ‘flabbergasted’ by the result, given the way his starting eleven performed under his direction I think his words border on insanity.To persist with a 4-5-1 formation will in the end cost us dear in terms of promotion.

Noticable that after half time he changed things, put two up front and stopped playing the long ball, we actually started to work through the Burnley defences. what is wrong with the guy if he cannot see what has been going wrong, maybe he thinks, therefore he is, a pillock.

The next two games will be crucial and one of those is I believe is 2nd placed Reading, six points are a must if we are ever to get out of this mess.

Somehow it seems a folorn hope and I guess fortune will once again remain hiding, good lyrics for a song that.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2012, 07:08 PM

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! seems like we are both suffering withdrawal symptons Hammer, like you I cannot comprehend why my favourites cannot develop a decent winning streak but Liverpool have been on a roller coaster all season and it says it all when it was reported that Anfield was reduced to near silence as Wigan played keep ball.

It seems that 'king Kenny' is quite content to go for cups this season and be damned to a decent league position! Why he keeps persevering with Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson is beyond me. Ah well, there's always
Newcastle to look forward to I suppose, wonder who he will blame if or when they flop up there.

John and Jim have reason to be happier at present, long may it last LOL but it looks like Annie has given up on us! Good luck everybody.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Good god Lincoln City! Three points, albeit against a fellow struggler. Can't last surely? Bob, if you want cheering up a bit,there's a great spoof on youtube about Hitler running Liverpool, very funny. Hammer, I had a guy round to service my boiler(no not the wife!) turned out to be a West Ham fan.He reckons Allardyce is only there to get the club promotion, and he'd love to see Paulo de Canio take over.Says he's met the fellow, and his passion for the Hammers is total. See the other reds won again, with a penalty not given against United..mmmmm!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

27-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Hi John,
I knew there must be at least a couple of fans out there somewhere.
Paolo used to do a lot of PR stuff for us a while back and he did apply for the job after Avram toddled off down Green st to the job centre.

I know he was working hard for the coaching badges, it would have made life very lively to have seen him perform once more at the Boleyn.

He is still much admired and loved by the faithfull, his skill was sometimes bordering on pure magic. I think my mate said something about going to wembley to support Paolo and his Swindon side in the JPT but not sure if he went.

I have a lot of footage of WHU games with him playing and they are priceless.

As far as ManU go, well I say nothing but think a lot.

Here is a little of what Paolo still thinks of us.

Paolo's Bubbles
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

27-03-2012, 11:42 PM

I will have to take it all back now, just beaten Peterborough 0-2.
Big test Saturday, this one is the big one.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 11:50 PM

Man U are not called the red devils for nothing.
They have the luck of the devil. grrrrrrrrrrrr
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-03-2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
Man U are not called the red devils for nothing.
They have the luck of the devil. grrrrrrrrrrrr
Hi Shaz, they do seem to have the rub of the green but one notable exception remains one of the most satisfying results I have been lucky enough to witness.

Best of all it was in their own back yard and we had been under the cosh all the match, did we make the best of it dancing down Chester road, not arf. It does not happen too often.

FA Cup 2000/01 Paolo stuns em in style.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

30-03-2012, 09:53 PM

This weekends fixtures for the diehards are as follows,

QPR V Arsenal Sat 15:00

West Ham V Reading Sat 15:00

Lincoln City V Tamworth Sat 15:00

Albion V Cowdenbeath Sat 15:00

Newcastle V Liverpool Sun 13:30

Good luck to all our teams.

It is too late in the season for sentiments like 'better to have played and lost than never to have played at all'.

I expect every player to do his job and the devil take the hindmost.

Onward

Page 36 of 46 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top