Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Re: Cross Dressing

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Looks like you can’t mention it .
This is a nail in the coffin of free speech
That's an absolutely disgraceful decision Muddy and it needs appealing. There's no wonder society is going the way it is and people are losing respect for the law, when what should be unbiased sensible upstanding member of the community is making decisions like this.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:17 PM

I heard today that some people are kicking up about us saying 'Father Christmas.'

To be gender neutral we should call him/her Santa!!!

Beggars belief, don't it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I heard today that some people are kicking up about us saying 'Father Christmas.'

So would Jack Frost be just "Frost"? We could end up initialising everything instead of having actual words...although wait - OMG! we already do that! Neutrality by stealth....

The trouble with these things is that some small changes may make sense, but there are those who pick and pick at things they feel strongly about until there is nothing of any value left for anyone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So would Jack Frost be just "Frost"? We could end up initialising everything instead of having actual words...although wait - OMG! we already do that! Neutrality by stealth....

The trouble with these things is that some small changes may make sense, but there are those who pick and pick at things they feel strongly about until there is nothing of any value left for anyone.

I agree with you, Annie.

Just had an odd thought . . . . why are pantomime dames usually men?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 01:43 AM

I agree with you, Annie.

...and why is Buttons usually a woman?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 02:06 PM

won't be able to call my daddy my daddy soon, will I have to call him "parent". I love you parent doesn't have the same ring as I love you daddy . I.m exasperated with all this madness mupsy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
won't be able to call my daddy my daddy soon, will I have to call him "parent". I love you parent doesn't have the same ring as I love you daddy . I.m exasperated with all this madness mupsy

You're not alone, Queenie.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think if people had started to ask us as kids whether we felt male or female then that would have addled all our brains.

When I was a child I found the sexual revolution deeply disturbing. I think all the sexual imagery polluted our normal sexual development so we grew up thinking that sex, sex, sex was normal. So instead of a natural transfer to adulthood you are in a sense interfered with. I have friends who subsequently slept around thinking that was love and intimacy. That was the norm. They were hurt and I think my generation (generation X) was let down in so many ways. Free love was a new thing that had never happened before. Nobody thought of the effect on kids.

A lot of people here were already teens during that era but these things affect kids. Talking about adult issues should be only for adults who are fully sexually developed. I see the current climate as a form of child abuse. Kids should be allowed to mature physically before they have to deal with decisions affecting their sexuality. I find it hard to believe that nobody has considered the ethics of what they are doing by going into schools and asking children to discuss these matters before they are fully developed. I bet that in future years some of these children will see themselves as victims of society. That society shaped their choices rather than giving them real choice.
Excellent post.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 06:10 PM

I agree with you, Annie.

and why is the principle boy always a girl?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-12-2019, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
and why is the principle boy always a girl?

Yes. Quite.
And like Annie said, why is Buttons a girl?

What's more, why is it only Pantomimes do this?
I mean you don't see it in films, or plays etc, do you.

Why has no one ever kicked up about this ? It's always just accepted it in Panto hasn't it.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top