Join for free
Page 17 of 36 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

Originally Posted by galty ->
The last part of your post shows that you are mentaly unbalanced.

How the hell are smart meters going to cost us Billions.
A ridiculous comment there. Poor debating.

I made it amply clear in my post why Smart Meters will cost us billions. You simply chose not to read the post. You've been similarly remiss in other threads.

Everyone's energy bills will ultimately double or triple as a result of "Time Related Billing" when it comes in. That will generate billions for the energy company.

Aside from that the roll out of the smart meters themselves is costing billions and those costs will be passed onto customers too. A double whammy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Well we are still waiting for technology to make it possible for us flat dwellers to get use of one. Until they find a way to do that the idea everyone must have one is ridiculous.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:19 PM

I believe that there is no way at the moment for smart meters to handle two readings, ie economy 7 and normal electricity readings. So the energy police will not be kicking my door down soon
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 02:03 AM

As the country isn't energy-ready, I reckon they will be used if power is rationed to see who is using too much of their share. Our nuclear reactors should be refreshed over the next ten - fifteen years or we will have a serious shortfall in supply.
Cat DiCaprio
New Member!
Plymouth
Cat DiCaprio is female 

09-12-2017, 06:12 PM

You might want to do some research before you get one installed, they are making people sick, emit carcinogenic radiation every 20 secs, (every 2 secs on some) 24 hours a day and cannot be turned off, many get sick as soon as they are installed, costing us £12 billion, thats £420 per household whether you have one or not, they will soon start to charge extra for peak times of use, B Gas are implementing this as we speak, the Utilities will also store and sell our data. These machines can be hacked, by foreign entities as well as burglars.They have no surge protectors and often catch fire and explode. There are absolutely no benefits to the consumer and man are being lied to or bullied onto having them. For more info see Face Book Page ''SMART METERS Health Problems UK'' or Stop Smart Meters UK. We need help to sign the Gov Petition to get them banned.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cat DiCaprio ->
You might want to do some research before you get one installed, they are making people sick, emit carcinogenic radiation every 20 secs, (every 2 secs on some) 24 hours a day and cannot be turned off, many get sick as soon as they are installed, costing us £12 billion, thats £420 per household whether you have one or not, they will soon start to charge extra for peak times of use, B Gas are implementing this as we speak, the Utilities will also store and sell our data. These machines can be hacked, by foreign entities as well as burglars.They have no surge protectors and often catch fire and explode. There are absolutely no benefits to the consumer and man are being lied to or bullied onto having them. For more info see Face Book Page ''SMART METERS Health Problems UK'' or Stop Smart Meters UK. We need help to sign the Gov Petition to get them banned.
...Good post Cat.
Cat DiCaprio
New Member!
Plymouth
Cat DiCaprio is female 

10-12-2017, 09:32 AM

£12 billion, thats £420 per household whether you have a Smart Meter or not. Probably cost a lot more after all the blunders too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:09 AM

I thought I'd have a look at the commissioning of this service and the contracts to run it. Capita has been awarded the operating licence :

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...rs-dcc-licence
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cat DiCaprio ->
£12 billion, thats £420 per household whether you have a Smart Meter or not. Probably cost a lot more after all the blunders too.
What I'd be interested to see is a position where some providers insist on our having a smart meter whilst others permit us to decline having one.

I think we'd see many more people changing suppliers!
Kendricksmum
New Member!
London, UK
Kendricksmum is female 

11-12-2017, 01:05 PM

You should count yourself as fortunate if you don't have one at present and no-one in your block does either.

Page 17 of 36 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top