Join for free
Page 26 of 36 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

Originally Posted by d00d ->
You're going a bit OTT again Realist

"They will double or treble your bills... "

"like having a mobile phone mast bolted to the side of your house"

You come up with good information at times, but this is schoolboy internet conspiracy theory.
It's not conspiracy theory. The facts are out there if you care to do your research. Lots of testimonies of real people. Also video clips of people with industry standard emissions detectors which show that these meters don't connect to their substations a couple of times a day but rather are pinging constantly every few seconds. The signal strength the emission detectors show is pretty horrific.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Based on the above , assuming you wanted to change supplier, could the new supplier insist that you can only sign up to them if you have their smart meter fitted?
Yes most certainly. They could do that even now if they wanted, but they won't because right now there aren't that many Smart Meters out there so they would lose a ton of business.

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And

Assuming you stick with your current supplier will they not increase your current tariff to such a high price forcing you to move to a smart meter?
Yes, and I indicated this in my post. They will invent a "special tariff" for people without Smart Meters and it will of course be an expensive tariff.

When that happens you either:

1. Complain to the energy ombudsman about unfair energy charges. if enough people mount such a protest there may be some ground made.

2. Switch to another supplier.

As I said earlier, if enough people switch suppliers then the suppliers are going to have a huge dilemma. They will lose a ton of business trying to enforce Smart Meters. Their only real option is to ALL work together so they ALL force people to have Smart Meters. Whether they can achieve it remains to be seen. The clever suppliers will not play ball and grab a load of new customers.

There's absolutely no doubt this whole thing is going to be a huge fight, much like the Poll Tax. It's up to people to make a stand. Unfortunately they nefarious way they are going about things currently means a lot of the Sheeple are utterly clueless as to what is really going on. They are falling for the adverts and Billy BS being spouted. They need to understand the truth. Hence we must spread the word far and wide.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
They'll be sitting watching how much money cooking, heating and having a brew costs. I'm imagining if they were already down hearted struggling to buy essentials, watching this meter could send them over the edge.
Point to be clear on, that "gadget" they would be looking at IS NOT the Smart Meter. There are quite a few people who make that mistake.

The gadget is just a gimmick, there to entice people to accept the Smart Meter that will be bolted to the side of your house. Most people get over the novelty of that gadget after a couple of weeks and toss it in a cupboard. This has been shown to be true in the USA where the whole Smart Meter con has already been perpetrated.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Point to be clear on, that "gadget" they would be looking at IS NOT the Smart Meter. There are quite a few people who make that mistake.

The gadget is just a gimmick
, there to entice people to accept the Smart Meter that will be bolted to the side of your house. Most people get over the novelty of that gadget after a couple of weeks and toss it in a cupboard. This has been shown to be true in the USA where the whole Smart Meter con has already been perpetrated.
Aaah, I didn't know that Realist. But there again I've not looked into them sufficiently, as I'm not interested. I just assumed it was the digital display thing that has been shown in the TV ads about the damn things
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2018, 10:36 PM

This is a Smart Meter

It records what energy you use at every minute of the day and sends that data to the energy company remotely using mobile telephone technology.

DO NOT ACCEPT ONE unless you are happy for your energy bills to double or triple.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 08:14 AM

Part of the reason I wouldn't have a smart meter is the same as not using automated checkouts at supermarkets and elsewhere if I can avoid them. It dispenses with jobs. As mentioned earlier, someone is employed to come out and read our meters.

I know fighting against automation is probably like the proverbial into the wind but where I can, I make the effort to keep local people in employment.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Part of the reason I wouldn't have a smart meter is the same as not using automated checkouts at supermarkets and elsewhere if I can avoid them. It dispenses with jobs. As mentioned earlier, someone is employed to come out and read our meters.

I know fighting against automation is probably like the proverbial into the wind but where I can, I make the effort to keep local people in employment.
Excellent post, Mart.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:26 AM

That's the best post so far.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Yes, I also agree with Mart's post.
The way things are going, your wages/pension will be paid into your bank account and taken out without your knowledge, if you don't have time to keep checking it, as happens now with many institutions. Automatic Renewal and Direct Debit.

No need to read meters or pay for your energy, it will all be done automatically.....So you can get on with your life with what remains of your hard earned cash....
Not bloody likely!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is a Smart Meter

It records what energy you use at every minute of the day and sends that data to the energy company remotely using mobile telephone technology.

DO NOT ACCEPT ONE unless you are happy for your energy bills to double or triple.
Is this some perceived action for the future? Having a smart meter installed has had no effect on my bills. My average electricity consumption for example is £70 per quarter and has been for several years annual price increases not withstanding.

Page 26 of 36 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top