Join for free
Page 51 of 190 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2016, 04:47 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Thanks Swim, we had a wimp in the party that didn't like the look of the Cable Car and being as it was their 50th Wedding Anniversary we had to let them choose today's itinerary, and you've guessed it! A day round the shops.

We were late docking at Funchal so I decided to do a few mile around the promenade deck. Just three miles meant that I could keep up with the rest of the party on the shopping spree. I think I'll do another three in the morning, although I don't normally run every day, three miles around the deck doesn't leave me shattered for the rest of the day and we should be visiting Grand Canaria tomorrow, so it will be another day trudging around the shops I expect.

The band has just struck up for the 'Sail Away' party, where you can dance and drink champagne, but I'd rather sit here and talk to you guys....

This was taken as we sailed into Funchal under a clear blue sky first thing this morning...

Standing on the quayside on our way back to the ship for afternoon tea, hope all the cakes haven't gone....

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2016, 09:32 PM

Do they still have these oxen carts in Madeira and the toboggans ?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2016, 10:38 PM

I've been on those toboggans in Funchal, you get pushed down the hills at great speed ..... frightening but fun at the same time
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 04:55 PM

Good to see you Mags. Mrs Fox and me have rode the toboggans in the past but on this visit we were in the company of some friends who weren't very adventurous and unfortunately had to give the Toboggans the swerve, I was looking forward to at least riding the cable car, but that also struck fear into the hearts of our friends, so we shopped instead.....Boring!

Hi Puddle Duck. No Oxen these days just loads of Mercedes Taxis and Scooters.
The Toboggan Ride is still going though....Was that a photo of you in that Oxen Cart?

We sailed through the night and finally docked at 7:00a.m. in Santa Cruz, a small Island in the Canary group just west of Tenerife. Like the rest of the group it's a volcanic Island with beaches of black sand and huge mountains.
It appears that it's only recently that cruise ships have visited this island because everything around the harbour looks new, even the shops are geared up for cruise ship passengers with Nike, Adidas and MacDonalds appearing close to the harbour.

The upper Promenade deck was closed when I presented myself for a run this morning and had to return to my cabin. At 8:00a.m. the captain announced that we had successfully moored up along the quayside and it was now possible to disembark. I took this opportunity to slip in a swift five miler along the seafront much to the annoyment of Mrs Fox who was looking forward to an early breakfast.

It was while I was showering that I confirmed to myself that I am not a 'Cruiser' and I should perhaps re-evaluate my life. As old age and future infirmity threatens I realise that I crave more adrenaline before it's too late. As I gaze over the rail as we dock, and a row of bicycles for rent tempt me to ride off in search of adventure and excitement. But once again the weight of the other three dissenters drain me of any enthusiasm, and once again I find myself leaning against a wall in some shop filled street gazing up to the surrounding hills in anticipation, while the rest of the party peruse the retail world.

This is home for the next two weeks....My Cul-de-Sac would fit inside, and then some!!

Not many places to sit and think in this busy La Palma street.....

I've decided to become a pirate and run away to sea with Captain Jack...

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 10:16 PM

Nice legs !
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Nice legs !
they run a lot even without him - why do you pick these holidays OGF? female domination is it - put your best running foot forward and demand a refund!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-10-2016, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Nice legs !
Thanks Puddle Duck they get me into a lot of trouble.....

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
they run a lot even without him - why do you pick these holidays OGF? female domination is it - put your best running foot forward and demand a refund!!
I guess I'm just easily led Gumbud, there just seems to be some excitement lacking in my life. Am I just being selfish?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

03-10-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

I guess I'm just easily led Gumbud, there just seems to be some excitement lacking in my life. Am I just being selfish?
Maybe you have been forced into a position of relaxation and re-assessment., but it could revitalise your bodily function for when you return home.
I'm sure you are enjoying yourself really.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Thanks Puddle Duck, I'm sure you are right. There are good days and not so good days.....

It was very warm, humid and still dark as we silently slipped into the port of Las Palmas early this morning. It was a rest day for me today so no running. My friend Michael took one look at the gymnasium the other day and was like a child in a sweetshop and had to try out all the wondrous machines within.....Today was payback time.....

The ship weighs in at 143 thousand tons and carries 3647 passengers and 1350 crew, and it reversed into a space I'd have had trouble putting my car in....Well, it was impressive anyway.

We've just returned from meandering round the shops in 29 degrees C but the highlight was taking a horse and buggy ride around the City and then finding a bakers shop that sold very tasty sandwiches.

It's Bernie Flint in concert tonight and the whole party was trying to think what was his hit single called, it wasn't until I Googled it that we remembered...
'I Don't Want to Put A Hold On You' ......Lanzarote tomorrow.....

This is Tempra the horse, who was kind enough to take us on a tour of Las Palmas..

The Beach at Las Palmas.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

you couldn't sell a fish if you tried!

Page 51 of 190 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top