Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 09:10 PM

Re: Radio controlled boats, planes, and cars.

Hi Emjay,

Not deserted your thread. Perhaps some 45 years ago I made this creation from all those bits of wood and paper. Remember it would fly around in circles and all was fine until I made a larger fuel tank, then it flew around and around forever. Alas as it flew it went further away still flying in circles until it vanished gone forever. In those days I had legs I could stand on , but being on the top of one of those ruddy big hills I was not going on a two hour climb/trek looking for it. So carried on using a Cessa I had made, glided beautifully , but under power was a failure.
However half an hour later a farmer turned up with my Tiger Moth in his Land Rover, that was nice of him.

Really like the copter thing, sort of thinking about it on the basis of my health and standing. I assume that there is no import tax on that offer as it is being sold in the States.

Also I noticed it features on the start of the BBC News.

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:34 AM

Most important. Do not order from the USA, as you will get charged import duties, and GPO charges.
That company does have a UK base, but it does not stock some items.
Best bet is from the EU or their HK warehouse. Normally there is no extra charges. It takes about 14 days.
You did ask earlier, are they easy to fly? Normal quads are not, but that one I recommended is easy if you follow the instructions. There is a large thread on them in 'RC groups'.

DH82. Tiger Moth.
They are one of my favorate airplanes. I had the privilege of a few hours as P2 on them at a club in Biggin hill in the late 60s
An experience never to be repeated.
I have of course built a model, and I will try and find the photos and video to post.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Great Emjay I would like to see the video.

Only flown in a small plane one, a Cessna over Snowdon. What a thing that was, the engine sounded like it had been taken out of a lawn mower and it took forever to lift off the ground. I remember the doors rattling as it flew, just thin sheets of plastic fitted with those old chrome door handles they fitted on the first "Mini".
My friend , a multi millionaire who had the shakes flew to Scotland every week in his and wanted to take me, thought no thanks.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Here ya go.
https://vimeo.com/1743815
dukeofearl
south coast uk

15-09-2015, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Here ya go.
https://vimeo.com/1743815
Great stuff Emjay. Such a shame to be flying stuff on that flat and hard cricket pitch. When over that way I will post a picture of my flying hill, the plane would be a 100 foot high flying from a level launch in a few yards of flight . Ideal I assume for aerobatics . Did you manage those in the Tiger Moth?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

15-09-2015, 05:41 PM

At least the flat fields are good for thermals.
When flying with FPV, it's easy to see when in lift as there is a climb and sink indicator.
Yes I did managed some aerobatics with the tiger, loops and barrel rolls. It was very fragile and alas it did come to a sticky end even with a few repairs and modifications.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

15-09-2015, 09:58 PM

Goring Beach today, took the wrong camera. Made any of these Emjay
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

16-09-2015, 08:35 AM

What else do you want to see?
https://vimeo.com/38648301
dukeofearl
south coast uk

16-09-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
What else do you want to see?
https://vimeo.com/38648301
Well I made a Mig 15 driven by a internal fan rotor, have you got one of those

Also at the end of WW2, a Spitfire and a Hurricane were put on display in the town and I sat in both of them. You done that

Otherwise an excellent display by your Spitfire, very life like. Was that the version with the flat rivets which gave it an extra 7mph.

However we are all guessing, yes you have guessed it, you have crashed it.

ps get some new boots
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

16-09-2015, 11:07 AM

No,
No,
Yes,
Yes crashed it but little damage that was easily repaired.
You leave my boots alone. They are fluffy lined, very warm.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top