Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 01:15 PM

Re: Clearing Cookies

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I've got a ritual before I go offline... check for updates for Malwarebytes, (which is a pain in the backside at the moment)

Then scan with it
Then Avast scan
Then CCleaner.

Probably best to use CCleaner first? Otherwise your other programmes spend time scanning files that CCleaner will remove.
effingpot
Hampshire, UK
effingpot is male  effingpot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 09:07 PM

I never clear cookies as I like what they do. They allow advertisers to see where I have been online, what I like, what I'm searching for and to serve me ads that meet my needs. It's quite clever really.
If I want nobody to know these things I can open an "incognito tab".
The only irritation is they don't know I've just bought one from Amazon or a real shop and keep advertising to me when I no longer need one
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Probably best to use CCleaner first? Otherwise your other programmes spend time scanning files that CCleaner will remove.
Sorry Purwell, only just seen your post. I never thought of that - thank you!
Senex
California, USA
Senex is male  Senex has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 06:01 AM

Two of my browsers are set to clear all cookies upon closing. Aside from that I have Ad Muncher and Cookienator installed, plus I use BleachBit every few days.

I'm on XP Pro, so I do not check for updates.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top