Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:34 PM

Re: Greatness over 50

Originally Posted by BGB ->
I am working on my new book showing how we over 50's have an unfair advantage over the younger set when it comes to success. I am looking for some folks like us I can interview to help illustrate some of my points. Ideally these folks would be over 50's who have made a change (In business, health, relationships, etc) and succeeded in a big way. Let's start a conversation about this.
Can you explain please why you think we have an unfair advantage over the younger set when it comes to success.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:41 PM

I am lost on this one! Do I have an unfair advantage?
Maybe a blessing.
Or even the fact that I am easily confused.
BGB
New Member!
Mid-atlantic, USA
BGB is male 

06-12-2017, 09:11 PM

Meg that is exactly the point of my book. Some older folks haven't realized the advantages inherent with age. I want to help older folks like myself "go for it" with the full confidence that age should bring instead of the uncertainty of competing with the young.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:13 PM

Mmmm
https://www.vivafifty.com/being-over...ng-perks-2286/
BGB
New Member!
Mid-atlantic, USA
BGB is male 

06-12-2017, 09:15 PM

Sweetie Pie, heck yeah you have many advantages! Have you ever had a conversation with a "younger" guy or gal and just rolled your eyes and thought that they had no idea what they were talking about or getting into? Our experience and resources as older folks puts us on the fast track to whatever we want to achieve without the detours caused by lack of experience and naivety.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:17 PM

I see your points. Maybe "unfair advantage" is the wrong way to couch it. As you rightly stated life experience is that factor that age brings. The reason I want to narrow my focus on older folks is that I don't hear people who are talking about success (greatness, achievement, whatever you want to call it) to older people. I hear and see a lot about younger people and I am convinced that if older folks heard this message more often, that we would start venturing into new paths and succeeding in a fantastic way more often.
Succeeding in a fantastic way more often? Why? Most of us have succeeded, raised families, bought homes, had a successful job, helped grandchildren through Uni, travelled the world. Is there anything more?
BGB
New Member!
Mid-atlantic, USA
BGB is male 

06-12-2017, 09:17 PM

Sweetie Pie, not exactly what I had in mind, but even humorously hits some of those advantages.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:19 PM

I am working on my new book showing how we over 50's have an unfair advantage over the younger set when it comes to success.
Haven't a clue where you're coming from BGB, sorry if that sounds rude. Maybe my brain might not be in gear.

I see you're from over the pond. Don't know how OAPs are thought of over there, but over here we're considered a drain on society, even by the young. Is that an unfair advantage then?
BGB
New Member!
Mid-atlantic, USA
BGB is male 

06-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Rehab 44 that is all true, and that is a huge measure of success in my book. I have found in my own life though, a hunger to find my own path and succeed on my own terms and maybe not the success that comes through our commitment and duty. Maybe a success that feels more like a passion for something. And I have come to realize that all of that commitment and duty has positioned me perfectly for successes driven by my passions.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-12-2017, 09:24 PM

Sweetie Pie, heck yeah you have many advantages! Have you ever had a conversation with a "younger" guy or gal and just rolled your eyes and thought that they had no idea what they were talking about or getting into? Our experience and resources as older folks puts us on the fast track to whatever we want to achieve without the detours caused by lack of experience and naivety.
Yep many times, when they think I am my son's sister.
I always say they need to get their eyes tested
Naivety is in the eyes of the beholder

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top