Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 04:31 PM

mens electric razors

I have hada Phillips electric razor for 2/3 years and recently noticed it was not cutting so well. I looked up some information about blade life and said change every 2 years . Mine was beginning to get clogged up as well.

So ordered new blades and mesh front and what a difference. Yes it did need changing as stated.

old blade . In the bottom photo you can JUST see the jagged front edge

These are the size of a 20p piece to give some idea

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Re: mens electric razors

Ah so that's what the blades look like.
On my eighteenth birthday my girlfriend, now wife, gave me a Remington electric razor as a present, the trouble was I didn’t have to shave until I was into my early twenties, so at her suggestion I gave it to my dad, he used it for the next thirty years without changing any blades, what do we learn from this short true tale? You should have bought a Remington Bazza.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
So ordered new blades and mesh front and what a difference. Yes it did need changing as stated.
I used to use a Phillashave razor until the blades wore out and I went to look for replacements.

The cost of new blades was as much as an entire new razor itself. Utterly ridiculous.

So stopped using Philips from that point on.

Have long since grown stubble which I keep trimmed with a beard trimmer. Much cheaper and alround bettre for me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 08:01 PM

I keep meaning to buy an electric razor but what I remember from my youth is getting lots of rashes from one.

Perhaps the technology has improved by now. I'm sick of razors - fundamentally, I hate shaving.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 08:46 PM

Jem

My wife got it for my while i was laid up in hospital for a few weeks. No chance to wet shave even if I could have lifted myself upright in bed.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I keep meaning to buy an electric razor but what I remember from my youth is getting lots of rashes from one.

Perhaps the technology has improved by now. I'm sick of razors - fundamentally, I hate shaving.

Stick with your safety razor matey, you can still get a much closer shave with those than you ever can with an electric razor, new blades or not.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 06:22 PM

A present from the missus, oh I see now Bazza.
I’m glad your back to yourself again after all you’ve been through.

My dad would never shave with anything else only electric from the day he got mine, he was so pleased with it lasting so long that he wrote to the company praising the razors performance, he was a great believer in giving credit where it was due, they were delighted and sent him a complimentary cheque for a fiver, and that was when a fiver was a fiver.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
A present from the missus, oh I see now Bazza.
I’m glad your back to yourself again after all you’ve been through.

My dad would never shave with anything else only electric from the day he got mine, he was so pleased with it lasting so long that he wrote to the company praising the razors performance, he was a great believer in giving credit where it was due, they were delighted and sent him a complimentary cheque for a fiver, and that was when a fiver was a fiver.

I thought perhaps you were going to tell us, that he so pleased he bought the company.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

06-12-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I thought perhaps you were going to tell us, that he so pleased he bought the company.
He would have loved that remark Geoff, the poor man hadn't got two pennies to rub together at the time.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:02 PM

I don't care what razors you gentlemen use, I am just delighted to no end that you do. I am not sure why or when this fashion of three-day growth came into fashion, but I am quite the aficionado a nice, close shave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top