Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Re: Out for a meal !

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, Spitfire, much to posh for that !
I thought that may be the case, we go out to eat once a week, but only where there is a deal to be had, that way if it's crap, it ain't cost that much.
It also helps if you like Scampi or Burgers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:05 PM

Hi ST, is the meal the cause of your tummy ache today ...
Hope you feel better soon...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:16 PM

Such a shame ST

I'm with summer, it's very hard to find a good resturaunt

If we eat out now we go at lunchtime and take advantage of two courses and a glass of red for £10. It doesn't hurt so badly if the meal is just ok when it's lunch. I hate to spend a lot of money to get a mediocre meal. Last time we did was last year, took friends for a meal out, they chose resturaunt as it was their hometown, and tbh I could cook better and we did complain about our starters and got them deducted ( couldn't eat them )
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
On the bright side I just had my lunch in and it was perfect.

Pepper steak medium rare - pink inside with just a dash of red, some HP sauce and a beer. Does lunch get any better than that?
no greens to maintain the iron in the blood you need
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Sorry you did not get the dining experience you expected. Maybe complain to the restaurant and you might be surprised at the offer of a free meal, done proper of course.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Sorry you did not get the dining experience you expected. Maybe complain to the restaurant and you might be surprised at the offer of a free meal, done proper of course.
I have left a comment on their website, Adanac, but whatever they offer I will not eat there again !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi ST, is the meal the cause of your tummy ache today ...
Hope you feel better soon...
Think it might have been, Meg, I am not normally troubled with tummy problems. Been drinking hot water with a dash of lemon at frequent intervals during the day and it seems to have worked.

Was able to eat a delicious lunch at the local carvery anyway !!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 04:22 PM

If you left a report on their website Tabby, then by all means do not take any offer of a free meal from them. They could do something such as spit on your food......it happens

Just be satisfied that you have warned others.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:24 PM

Come to me next time Tabby - I trained as a chef.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
no greens to maintain the iron in the blood you need
Don't eat anything green except peas any then only rarely. Greens tastes disgusting.

The iron is in the steak, I eat a lot of steak.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top