Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Re: I love David Attenborough

David Attenborough was broadcasting in 1954, when we first had a TV, I was 4 yrs old.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 04:19 PM

I think hes a man to be admired
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Attenborough has a massive following over here too. My kids grew up following his adventures.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the issues of protecting wildlife and being stewards of the environment was ever allowed to become a partisan issue.

There are some things that are simply too important to all of us.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 07:44 PM

David Attenborough certainly deserved his knighthood, he's a fascinating, intelligent and very interesting man. I love his voice even.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 07:45 PM

The human race is full of hypocrites.
We fill our lives with plastic. It resides in just about everything we use, and then moan about it when it's discarded.
We tear up great swathes of forest to build our houses and then moan about deforestation.
We quarry Iron ore and other minerals and leave the ground devoid of flora and fauna, unable to sustain life for years, and we moan about it.
We bore for oil and gas to run our transport, power stations, and to keep our homes warm or cold, and then moan when it's spilled and destroys wildlife.

Volcanoes, Earthquakes and Extreme weather cause mankind so many problems, and we moan about it, blaming ourselves because we feel so guilty about living the life of riley.
Yes, I also love David Attenborough, but he's not God! The person who I believe should run the country/world provides solutions, not reasons why things are like they are, which we already know don't we.

So if you don't want to live in the wild and chase your food around a field, think of ways to replace plastic, food and energy without damaging the planet. And before you go installing sustainable substitutes, remember where the steel, plastic and lubrication comes from that they require for manufacture....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 08:18 PM

We don't need one use plastic for vegetables .
We don't need plastic bags I have been campaigning against them for about thirty years !
We don't need to dump plastic it in the ocean we can recycle .
That is just for starters.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Attenborough has a massive following over here too. My kids grew up following his adventures.

[B]I can't for the life of me figure out why the issues of protecting wildlife and being stewards of the environment was ever allowed to become a partisan issue.
[/B]
There are some things that are simply too important to all of us.

No not partisan Surfermom, but while we look at the world from our comfortable lives, with pretty much everything we desire it's easy to get our priorities mixed up. With a greater part of the human population struggling for food and clean water, we seem unable to look after ourselves. Only when poverty and hardship reach into our comfy lives and hits home will we realise where our priorities should be. Look after nature by all means, but be careful what you wish for......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-06-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We don't need one use plastic for vegetables .
We don't need plastic bags I have been campaigning against them for about thirty years !
We don't need to dump plastic it in the ocean we can recycle .
That is just for starters.
Plastic bags are just the tip of the iceberg Muddy...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 08:34 PM

I know that but they one enormous tip .
If you see the beaches in many places in the world you would be appalled .

Here are but three in Hawaii, Bali and Brazil.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1753.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	6282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1754.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	6283   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1755.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	6284  
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 09:56 PM

“We didn’t have this green thing back in my earlier days“.

Simplistically put but with more than a grain of truth.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top