Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:25 AM

Re: Massacre at Ballymurphy

My Grandparents left Ireland/Ulster to come to Scotland because of all the religious crap going on there 100 years ago..I have Relatives who still live there and can tell some truly horrendous happenings which have been covered up..as for Me being full of shit...right back at Ye feckface!!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
My Grandparents left Ireland/Ulster to come to Scotland because of all the religious crap going on there 100 years ago..I have Relatives who still live there and can tell some truly horrendous happenings which have been covered up..as for Me being full of shit...right back at Ye feckface!!!
So you weren't even there at the time, any more than I was. And yet you know beyond any doubt. You might as well listen and believe the anecdotes of a goat.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
So you weren't even thee eat the time, any more than I was. And yet you know beyond any doubt. You might as well listen and believe the anecdotes of a goat.
Naw..Yer right..I wasn't thee eat the time.....I don't have any Ancestors who were goats...as far as I know
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:34 AM

Naw..Yer right..I wasn't thee eat the time.....I don't have any Ancestors who were goats...as far as I know
Which is more than I can claim
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:36 AM

This Site is dominated by English Tory/Ukip supporters...'nuff said!!!
I've got ya back May - labor liverpudlian - probably Irish!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:43 AM

**Personal argument/bickering removed,
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Yes..I too watched it...broke My heart...being the Catholic Grandchild of those who went through these atrocities..shame shame shame.
Back on topic

I saw this program and it is not often a program just shocks you with what you are watching, it appeared to be cold blooded murder of some of the people there, just picking them off one at a time with snipers, then making ridiculous accusations that a granny was firing a machine gun at them, I used to hear all this stuff as a kid and on the news it was all black and white, The British Army were the good guys and the Catholics the bad guys. I could not imagine what it must have been like to live through that sort of injustice, no wonder they hated the British so much.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:43 AM

Bigoted reactionary nonsense .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:45 AM

one of my uncles was Irish from Southern Ireland and used to stir us up as kids in the 'pool when the 'orange marches' took place - I can remember having an instilled hatred for reasons I did not know about catholics - it was quite entrenched in families and the community! and as kids we were told to keep away from the marches!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-09-2018, 09:47 AM

I don't think the yanks and canakers and the ozzies and kiwis etc would agree with ya there?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top