Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Re: Not a party to be associated with.

Here's an example of a lefty teacher (he's actually a teaching assistant who couldn't make it to the proper job) who is responsible for the brainwashing of our children. He was probably brainwashed by others when he was a kid too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...no-Tories.html
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Here's an example of a lefty teacher (he's actually a teaching assistant who couldn't make it to the proper job) who is responsible for the brainwashing of our children. He was probably brainwashed by others when he was a kid too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...no-Tories.html
Brainwashing is a problem in all things JBR.
I have no respect for any politician who gains votes by telling people what the other side are doing wrong. What I want to hear is what each party is going to do right & how they intend to do it..... that way I will know what I am voting for.

Of course that will never happen, because all parties are well trained in criticism, but useless at getting things done....despite what they tell you they are going to do.
How sad that the people, in all parties, think they know it all but never demonstrate that their ideas are right!

It makes me think of me inviting all on OFF to a luxurious holiday...... but not telling you all where or when the holiday will be! I can remember many manifestos that do exactly that!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 02:08 PM

One of the proposals at the Glee Club masquerading as the Labour conference in Liverpool was to nationalise the internet. This is a flagrant attempt to stop anyone having an opinion other than that of what the LP deem appropriate. Luckily, the call was rejected. Where do they get these stupid ideas from?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45631787
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Does anyone really expect us to believe that The Peoples Vote; a Second Referendum; a Meaningful Vote; and all the rest of that sort of bilge is anything other than thinly disguised attempts to reverse or otherwise subvert Brexit?

It was made perfectly clear at the time that the Referendum result would be a final decision and that the government would honour the result.
For MPs to continue to campaign for Remain is an insult to the electorate and an abuse of their position

This is especially galling in the case of Labour MPs since a study of the voting pattern for the Referendum shows that traditional Labour ares voted overwhelmingly to Leave

But then the current antics of the Labour Party should come as no surprise, since it is now more interested in pandering to the middle classes of London than the working classes of the north of England
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
One of the proposals at the Glee Club masquerading as the Labour conference in Liverpool was to nationalise the internet. This is a flagrant attempt to stop anyone having an opinion other than that of what the LP deem appropriate. Luckily, the call was rejected. Where do they get these stupid ideas from?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45631787
How on earth can anyone 'nationalise' the internet? They'd have to control all phone lines and TV/radio transmissions including mobile phones.

Is that at all possible?

Even so, could they prevent the reception of satellite transmissions?

Actually, come to think of it, I heard that North Korea has done just that: prevented any internet connection taking place in their country.

I could well believe it of a communist Labour party. Can you imagine living under such a regime as North Korea?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 01:54 PM

In addition in the latest Labour back to the future wheeze, there is talk of re-admitting Derek Hatton, (remember him) to the Labour party. Talk about the wheel turning full circle. They're all coming out of the woodwork now.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
In addition in the latest Labour back to the future wheeze, there is talk of re-admitting Derek Hatton, (remember him) to the Labour party.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have no respect for any politician who gains votes by telling people what the other side are doing wrong. What I want to hear is what each party is going to do right & how they intend to do it..... that way I will know what I am voting for.
Absolutely 1000% agree

Of course that will never happen, because all parties are well trained in criticism, but useless at getting things done....despite what they tell you they are going to do.
How sad that the people, in all parties, think they know it all but never demonstrate that their ideas are right!
During my brief foray into the world of trying to sell Kirby vacuum cleaners , the gameplan was to first of "rubbish" the customer's own cleaner by explaining why it was so inferior and then demonstrating just how more effective the Kirby was. Thus, along with other key "patter" lines, the main purpose was to create the illusion that a Kirby was not just a preferred machine, but an absolutely essential "must have" piece of kit if you wanted your carpets "really clean and not nearly clean", and hopefully (with the usual phone call back to base ) work the customer into a wild frenzy of passion so that they would then purchase the machine. Politics seems to follow this method up to the point of rubbishing the opponent, without fully explaining why their "kit" is so superior.

It makes me think of me inviting all on to a luxurious holiday...... but not telling you all where or when the holiday will be! I can remember many manifestos that do exactly that!
I can think of some politicians who I'd invite onto a particular holiday, specifically one going to a well known "venue" in Switzerland
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Absolutely 1000% agree

I can think of some politicians who I'd invite onto a particular holiday, specifically one going to a well known "venue" in Switzerland
Well done for you to be able to afford and you are able to invite some politicians to this/your venue, do you own this so called Venue or are you just friends with the owners of this venue so you can get a good discount?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 03:32 PM

I can think of some politicians who I'd invite onto a particular holiday, specifically one going to a well known "venue" in Switzerland [/QUOTE]

Would this place just need a one way travel ticket?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top