Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 07:24 PM

England our england!

Here we go, a new manager, slightly different squad, an old 'favourite' left out so already Roy Hodgson is in the firing line as the various know alls of the media start to sharpen their claws, it doesn't matter what Roy does, he will be considered wrong by somebody but like him or not he is the manager and he will select the team, not the members of the media or members of so called social networking sites. He will make mistakes, we all do but of course he cannot win so I really do wish him the very best of luck in what is usually a thankless task.
What do other people on here think about the job ahead for Hodgson and his squad?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Re: England our england!

He's on a hiding to nothing Bob, and he knows it . After all the "Arry" hysteria that the press and media kept on about, who in their right mind would jump into this madhouse? I sincerely hope it all works out for Roy, as he seems a decent and honourable man at heart, but I fear for his state of mind. Myself, I would'nt touch it with a bargepole. Good luck to Roy, by god he's going to need it!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 02:49 PM

I think it is a very tough call especially with the Euros so close. He's hardly had time to say farewell to his club let alone do any proper training with his new squad. I will be very surprised if we get beyond the group stages personally. Good Luck Roy you will need it.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:21 PM

We can keep our fingers crossed for England, and hope they do well. It is a thankless job really. Not one most people would want to take on. At least the moneys good.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:41 PM

Workmanlike, unspectacular but honest endeavour was what England were all about against Norway and I personally think that they were worth the 1-0 victory even though they struggled for a bit in the second half, Ashley Young took his goal really well to ensure that Roy Hodgson started his tenure with a win and against a side that we hadn't beaten since the Eighties, that'll do nicely but I hope that Gareth Barry's injury will not rule him out for the Euro matches to come. So onwards to next Saturday at Wembley when we entertain Belgium and I would like to mention the vocal support that the Three Lions got in Norway!
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 09:38 PM

I wish Roy Hodgson and his team all the best for the Euros , and dont look a bad price around 12/1 . As long as the press keep off there backs . and yes i must agree with you bob about the vocal support last night . i wonder what the press say about the germans getting beat last night .Switzerland 5 Germany 2 ... also Holland 1 Bulgaria 2 .... also Portugal 0 Macedonia 0 .. I KNOW only friendly`s but our press would have had a field day with us with one of them scores .... Come On England .

Bob.b
Nottingham UK

28-05-2012, 08:25 PM

You can rest assured dabby that when the 'serious' stuff starts then the team to beat will be Germany, always a decent bet to lift the trophy, also Holland will be a tough nut to crack.
Really tough luck on Gareth Barry who will miss the Euro 2012 matches through injury, what rotten luck for him and the the England squad as a whole, he will be missed but hopefully Lescott will prove to be a success.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 07:28 PM

Good luck to Roy Hodgson, hope the team put in a bit of an effort for a change. What about Liverpools new man then Bob ,is he any good for them?.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 07:17 AM

Well, as he is not expected to win anything he has it made.
If he fail it was to be expected, if he wins he has done miracles, a win win situation for Hodgson.
He would not have been my choice though, I only hope Neville and Pearce can produce magic for England.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

31-05-2012, 08:48 PM

Well Annie, at least the guy likes his football played on the ground most of the time which can't be bad so we will wait and see.
Just maybe, Roy Hodgson may win over a lot of doubters if given the time, I don't think he was a lot of peoples choices Antibrown but he does seem to possess the gift of getting the dressing room in his pocket if you know what I mean and a happy squad plays good football. Will be interesting even without the likes of Barry and Lampard plus Rooney for a while. All we can say is good luck England.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top