Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:53 PM

Re: Amanda Holden breaks lockdown rules with 400 mile trip

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I wonder how many of the people who are tutting about her visit to her parents went on holiday last summer knowing full well there was a pandemic..
How many visited family at Christmas knowing there was a pandemic. Or went into crowded shops to buy silly unnecessary Christmas gifts.
How many have made unnessary trips to shops or walks just to get out and have an excuse to see people..

How many have walked their dog just as an excuse to talk to someone.
How many people have travelled 400 miles, under lockdown rules, after a birthday celebration to see their parents .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
As with most 'stories' I say to myself: was I there to see it: no.
Did I hear that: no.
With this story, there's no doubt that Holden broke lockdown rules - a neighbour saw her and reported her to the police.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
With this story, there's no doubt that Holden broke lockdown rules - a neighbour saw her and reported her to the police.
I read it was a neighbour who was a police officer.

Omah, l am not sure why you have to address her like you are a headteacher, or that she is a murderous felon?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-02-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read it was a neighbour who was a police officer.
Good .....

Omah, l am not sure why you have to address her like you are a headteacher, or that she is a murderous felon?
Well, I don't call Trump "Donald", either ....

I followed the BBC example .....

I'm not a politician .....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
How many people have travelled 400 miles, under lockdown rules, after a birthday celebration to see their parents .....

Does it matter how far you travelled? 1 mile or 400 it's breaking the rules so if anyone has broken the rule by one mile they are as guilty as her breaking them for 400 miles... it's the same as , you can't be a little bit pregnant.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Does it matter how far you travelled? 1 mile or 400 it's breaking the rules so if anyone has broken the rule by one mile they are as guilty as her breaking them for 400 miles... it's the same as , you can't be a little bit pregnant.
Do you think Holden's mother's pregnant .....

Blimey ..... no wonder her step-father was distressed .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-02-2021, 02:15 PM

She didn’t stay the night, she went there and came back the same day.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vid-rules.html

She was spotted by a neighbour – thought to be a police officer – who is understood to have reported her for breaching Covid travel restrictions.

It is understood the star stayed overnight on Friday before making the return journey to her house in south west London yesterday.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:32 PM

Petra, Exactly! Family are King. They are the most important thing in the world and l would probably have done the same as long as it was all done safely..

I am not the biggest fan of Amanda Holden but she’d had a negative Covid test done and her parents had been vaccinated.
She didn’t stay the night, she went there and came back the same day.

I do hope she has a lovely birthday. l could not wish anyone a horrible birthday.

There are worse Covid offenders than her that get away with it.

I agree with Art.

I can't understand all this hatefulness towards Amanda Holden!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-02-2021, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I agree with Art.

I can't understand all this hatefulness towards Amanda Holden!!
What hatefulness .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 02:39 PM

I do hope she has a lovely birthday. l could not wish anyone a horrible birthday.

There are worse Covid offenders than her that get away with it.

On reflection maybe that was a bit petty of me to wish her a horrible birthday. But like many others, I have obeyed the rules to the letter and not had holidays, not seen my kids since last March, had lockdown birthdays all year, and it just makes me so fed up that celebrities can go swanning around doing what they like, with a quick "oops sorry!" thrown over their shoulder.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top