Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:14 AM

Re: Some people seem not to care about their pet’s welfare .

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How many people would think it acceptable to leave a 3 year old child alone all day without access to the ability to relive themselves, mental stimulation and food.

Having a dog is like having a small child and they should be given the same attention and consideration.

Absolutely agree Meg.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;2082430]Hi

There are things that can be done.

I also do not live in an affluent area, people share dog walking duties, help each other out.

The littlies love taking dogs for a walk.[/QUOTE]

And how old are these ' littlies' now, Swimmy?

There is no way on earth I would ever let children take my dogs out without an adult present.

Apart from how would they cope if another dog started a fight, it is also so irresponsible now with all the dog theft going on.

A young lad locally here was sent out with the family dog after school, and he was such an easy target for the thieves. Poor kid went home without his dog anymore.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;2082443]
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are things that can be done.

I also do not live in an affluent area, people share dog walking duties, help each other out.

The littlies love taking dogs for a walk.[/QUOTE]

And how old are these ' littlies' now, Swimmy?

There is no way on earth I would ever let children take my dogs out without an adult present.

Apart from how would they cope if another dog started a fight, it is also so irresponsible now with all the dog theft going on.

A young lad locally here was sent out with the family dog after school, and he was such an easy target for the thieves. Poor kid went home without his dog anymore.

Hi

Where did I say that an adult was not present?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-05-2021, 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=swimfeeders;2082446]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

Hi

Where did I say that an adult was not present?

You never said there was an adult present either.
It read as if 'the littles' took them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That was my thinking too...I've always had cats because they fit in with my lifestyle or should I say I fit in with theirs.
Summer, I think every cat owner on this forum will understand what you are saying there.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;2082476]
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

You never said there was an adult present.
It read as if 'the littles' took them.
From what I've increasingly seen over the last few years it's the universally horrible "littlies" that should be on dog leashes with the dog keeping at least some semblance of control over the little bleeders.

Great truths --- fat dogs fart and I do not like other people's kids.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;2082490]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

From what I've increasingly seen over the last few years it's the universally horrible "littlies" that should be on dog leashes with the dog keeping at least some semblance of control over the little bleeders.

Great truths --- fat dogs fart and I do not like other people's kids.
I don't doubt that what you say is how you think TAT, but what a shame that you felt you needed to post it on a thread about animal welfare!
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:25 AM

Dogs that are left at home all day to yap are a pain in the neck for the neighbours. We have had some around here that did that before the complaints got too much and the dogs removed or put down. You shouldn't have one if you are out at work and not around to shut the thing up.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's nothing new for people to leave their dog in the house when they are out. A neighbour used to leave her dog in the well ventilated spacious front room. He used to sit and look out of the window waiting for her to come home from her teaching job. She had a daughter who would also be at school. I know she loved that dog. This was well over 20 years ago and her dog was well cared for and looked after.

The whole concept of having a dog is human centric. It doesn't matter how much you care and look after the dog, it is there ultimately for your pleasure.

Even the most well meaning humans don't realise you can kill with kindness. As in feeding birds bread or giving a cat cream.
Certainly true about cats and cream.

Snot likes the odd bit of clotted cream on his paws but much prefers rum and raisin ice cream.

He likes a bit of rum in his warm milk on cold winter nights too but otherwise drinks water.

Another thing the old cat likes is to share a glass of Jägermeister by licking it off the Memsaab's finger on a cold night!

Damnit, we like that scruffy old Moggie!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
Dogs that are left at home all day to yap are a pain in the neck for the neighbours. We have had some around here that did that before the complaints got too much and the dogs removed or put down. You shouldn't have one if you are out at work and not around to shut the thing up.
I sincerely hope the dogs were not put down because they barked too much!

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top