Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:07 AM

Worming and ticks

Do you but your worm tablets from your vet or the chemist ?
ditto tack and flea treatments ?

As it’s tick season I need to do both and I wonder which one is best .
Having been using frontline for tick and flea .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:09 AM

Re: Worming and ticks

We use Frontline for our two, Rosemary buys it through Amazon three months supply at a time.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:14 AM

We get our worming stuff from Pets at Home...(Drontal). I also have tick removers which I prefer to use, rather than putting more stuff in her or on her. We don't live in a high tick area, so checking her all over every other day is enough.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We use Frontline for our two, Rosemary buys it through Amazon three months supply at a time.

Just looking at Fronline plus it’s £22 .82 on. U.K.

Worm tablets vet U.K. ( 4 tablets ) is £5.98
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-06-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
We get our worming stuff from Pets at Home...(Drontal). I also have tick removers which I prefer to use, rather than putting more stuff in her or on her. We don't live in a high tick area, so checking her all over every other day is enough.
I take off ticks if I see them but Mungo is a very fluffy dog
And we have a lot of deer in the area so there is always the danger of Lyme disease .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I take off ticks if I see them but Mungo is a very fluffy dog
And we have a lot of deer in the area so there is a,ways the danger of Lyme disease .
Yes, deer and sheep are the worse culprits. I know someone with Lyme disease and it isn't pleasant.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:37 AM

I have worming liquid for Holly (Panacur) which I mix with dog milk. I also have a bottle of a different make, still a worming syrup, which I bought in a pet shop that was closing.

As for her fleas, she had a terrible infestation last year and I found the best at keeping them at bay is Johnson’s 4Fleas. I tried all the others. She refuses to take the Bravecto tablet. I wasted £50 on one once because she wouldn’t eat the meal I’d crumbled it into and I had to throw it. Similar for Drontal. If I pay the vet for any I get them to administer it. But I won’t pay their nurse consultation charge, which was free in London.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just looking at Fronline plus it’s £22 .82 on. U.K.

Worm tablets vet U.K. ( 4 tablets ) is £5.98
Worm tablets? I thought we were talking fleas 'n ticks?

For our size dogs Frontline flea and tick treatment costs £25 for three months treatment.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-06-2021, 09:05 AM

Both.
As we ( usually ) travel with our dog it has to be wormed by a vet ( given one tablet and a certificate ) so we don t usually have to worm him ourselves .
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 09:33 AM

Just had ours from the vet, first visit since we've acquired Alfie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top