Join for free
Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 11:53 AM

Re: Low BPM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
It's not me! I've just checked my options............but am still not getting email notifications.
Have you checked your Email junk folder ?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Longdogs, I'm not at death's door yet.....
But perhaps I should let the doctor decide that tomorrow...
Cheers Mate....
Amazingly good that you got an appt so fast . Hoping you have positive news from him . Xx
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:37 PM

Hi

Yes Bob, I have used one for a while.

I also have an approved Blood Pressure Monitor.

I use both and they serve me well.

As has been said, low pulse, low pressure is a sign of an Athlete.

My problem is different, my Blood Pressure tanks from time to time to dangerous levels.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's a very good point, I forgot to do that on my first attempt.
It’s easily forgotten Bruce, I have done the same myself!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:53 PM

Thanks everyone, turned up for my appointment and had an excellent diagnosis following an ECG, pending further tests next week.
It's not Atrial Fibrillation as I suspected, it turns out to be an electrical disturbance which is putting an extra beat in where it shouldn't. The good news is that the low readings were most likely incorrect, because the finger Pulse Oxymeter would not detect the extra beat. My heart rate is low but it is not serious, and as Swim says, is the result of being rather fit. However, the bad news is, the fact that it is firing out of sync means that my heart is pumping the before the chambers have had time to fill properly, so only half the blood is being pumped...
A bit like flushing the toilet before the cistern has filled....

Monday will see me fitted with a 24 hour monitor and an ultrasound investigation and we will take it from there. A pacemaker would correct the problem but would compromise my running and would be a last resort.

And finally, a word about notifications. I did reset my Instant email notification box when I first realised it had returned to default last week. Since then, anything posted previously has not been included, and only a few of my recent postings are being sent to email. My PM's are also absent from my email box.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I too, had to go private to get help recently Zaphod, and it amazed me how if you cough up, they can see you in less than a week!
I think my appointment was only 5 or 6 days away.

Foxy, is your appt. Thursday this week (tomorrow)?
I do hope so and that you get some good news.
Try not to worrry, it may be better than you think.
Thanks Mups, it was good news, so it looks like the forum is stuck with me for a while longer yet.....

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope all goes well for you at your appointment tomorrow, Bob…. fingers crossed for you 🤞
Thanks Mags, a very thorough Doctor, and a runner too....

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I must be four! Good to see you back and all the very best of luck tomorrow with your appointment.

Also good to know there's a reason why I'm not getting notifications from the site..............wondered if I'd been excommunicated!!!
Thanks Lindyloo, and yes I'm having all kinds of bother. Boxes ticked and saved, and spam folder checked, but not much getting through....

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You exercise a lot ,therefore your heart beat will be lower.

Personally,O GF....I would get it checked out by the doctor.
Thanks pauline, and yes my heart beat has always been slow, it only speeds up when I read one of your posts.....

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is, it's you :-)

Control Panel > Edit Options

No it's not Bruce, everything is ticked and saved, and my fingers are crossed but still hardly any emails are getting through......

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Amazingly good that you got an appt so fast . Hoping you have positive news from him . Xx
Thanks Zuleika, had to go private and pay a king's ransom, but they are very thorough and all the tests are done yesterday. I have every faith in the NHS but I might not live long enough to use them....

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes Bob, I have used one for a while.

I also have an approved Blood Pressure Monitor.

I use both and they serve me well.

As has been said, low pulse, low pressure is a sign of an Athlete.

My problem is different, my Blood Pressure tanks from time to time to dangerous levels.
Same here Swim, the pulse Oxymeter and Blood Pressure monitor have been priceless in keeping track of my stats, and I've just taken delivery of a heart rate monitor worn on the wrist, but the signal comes from a chest strap, which I'm told are very accurate and reliable. I'll be able to see what's happening while out running to prevent over stressing my heart....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 11:33 PM

Glad it is not as bad as we originally thought Bob, I hope you can get sorted out soon ........... we miss those legs!
Zuleika
North West UK

09-07-2021, 08:49 AM

Isn’t it worth every penny to go private if you can afford it in a case such as this ?
Best wishes OGF .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 10:18 AM

hopefully they can reset it with cardioversion. Good that you had a fast tracked appointment.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the update Bob.

Fingers crossed that the 24-hr recording & ultrasound lead to something that's not too serious and that lets you keep running.

Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top