Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 10:27 AM

Re: Bbc

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, Spitty.
There should be a sports channel, and ALL sport shown on there instead of interfering with usual programmes.

And another thing while I'm having a moan - I am fed up with buying TV Guides only to find the actual programmes are not remotely like the magazine guide says!
Don't buy them! The link below is to a FREE TV guide to most channels (I guess) and is probably more accurate as it can be updated far more easily and quicker. It also has programmes by category if you wish. Also this current guide covers programming up until 10 August:

https://www.whattowatch.com/uk-tv-guide
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Don't buy them! The link below is to a FREE TV guide to most channels (I guess) and is probably more accurate as it can be updated far more easily and quicker. It also has programmes by category if you wish. Also this current guide covers programming up until 10 August:

https://www.whattowatch.com/uk-tv-guide

Thank you for that Baz, I'd never heard of it.

MInd you, don't you find it a bit of a pain to keep having to go put your computer on to see what's on next?
Time mine warms up the programme would be half finished.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:56 PM

They did the same with football and tennis, but worse we have to pay the licence fee NOT to watch television during that time if we are not into sport.
No you don't.
I'm not into sport (except maybe cricket) and I haven't paid the BBC Tax for over a year.
I've found that there's more worth watching without a TV licence than with.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:01 PM

Mr Mags renewed out TV Licence this morning, mainly for himself as I don't watch a lot of TV.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Someone was complaining on the radio about the huge cut in hours dedicated to the Olympics on TV this year .

I guess you can't please everyone and sports enthusiasts (I am not one of them ) pay their licence fee too.
Also being summer time, if it wasn't sport being shown it would be endless repeats until the autumn schedule begins.
Even then there'll be repeats of some programmes especially during the daytime.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Mind you, don't you find it a bit of a pain to keep having to go put your computer on to see what's on next?
You are welcome Mups.

No problem at all, definitely not a pain as either my desktop or laptop computers are on all the time. Even when they are not it takes a very short while from starting up to being able to access any website. They are both Macs, so none of the length of time I understand Windows machines take to boot up. I just tried it to see for sure and from switching on to being able to view that website was one minute and ten seconds.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:33 PM

You are welcome Mups.

No problem at all, definitely not a pain as either my desktop or laptop computers are on all the time. Even when they are not it takes a very short while from starting up to being able to access any website. They are both Macs, so none of the length of time I understand Windows machines take to boot up. I just tried it to see for sure and from switching on to being able to view that website was one minute and ten seconds.

Good grief. Mine is still clicking, whirring and grunting, wondering what to do in that time!

(Bit like some husbands).
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:39 PM

Good grief. Mine is still clicking, whirring and grunting, wondering what to do in that time!

(Bit like some husbands).
So is my desktop.

Not me, I know which side my bread is buttered.
Baz46

28-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No you don't.
I'm not into sport (except maybe cricket) and I haven't paid the BBC Tax for over a year.
I've found that there's more worth watching without a TV licence than with.
I have seen your previous posts on not having a licence JBR. Getting a new TV and cancelling the BBC Licence, plus having either FreeSat or Freeview, is on my list to sort out before the winter. Fridays and weekends I find there's very little on the terrestrial channels so resort to others and as you write, there's more to watch.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:44 PM

MInd you, don't you find it a bit of a pain to keep having to go put your computer on to see what's on next?
Mups, This is what l was about to say!
It’s a pain to have to move the arrow to show the next lot of programmes, or scroll down.
At least with a TV book, it’s at hand to read at my leisure, easier to negotiate and costs pence to buy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top