Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 03:29 PM

Re: Some people seem not to care about their pet’s welfare .

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not when it comes to animals, Todger. They can't speak for themselves, so we need to! Nobody should turn a blind eye to cruelty....!
What they maybe SHOULD do and what increasingly they ACTUALLY do are two different things.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
People tend to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS.
It is their business if vets are breaking the law!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is their business if vets are breaking the law!
Not if they mind just their own business and take a laissez-faire view on the rest of the world. That's something that I'm inclined to do.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 07:49 AM

Not if they mind just their own business and take a laissez-faire view on the rest of the world. That's something that I'm inclined to do.
Then I am glad I am not you! The law exists to make life better for all, so I would be happy to report those who don't think it applies to them!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;2083355]Not if they mind just their own business and take a laissez-faire view on the rest of the world.

Oh WOW!!.....good grief TAT, where would the world be if we all did that?
If my vet did anything illegal, not only would he be risking his career, I would “ Grass Him Up”.... especially when it came to animals suffering......

How could anyone even trust their animals with a vet who did that......
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:23 AM

I have no hesitation is reporting wrong doers, whoever they are. Years ago I reported a neighbour to the RSPCA when I saw them mistreating their cat in a violent way.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=pauline3;2083584]
Not if they mind just their own business and take a laissez-faire view on the rest of the world.

Oh WOW!!.....good grief TAT, where would the world be if we all did that?
If my vet did anything illegal, not only would he be risking his career, I would “ Grass Him Up”.... especially when it came to animals suffering......

How could anyone even trust their animals with a vet who did that......
Pauline, Yes you could grass the bad vet up but you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be another to replace them.
There are some very greedy, unethical people in the world who would do anything for money.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=Artangel;2083706]
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Pauline, Yes you could grass the bad vet up but you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be another to replace them.
There are some very greedy, unethical people in the world who would do anything for money.

100% agree...
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 05:17 PM

Seems like there is a huge difference between the U.K. and America. Here, people commonly leave their dog and go off to work. One good friend of mine comes to mind. first thing every morning she lets the dog out into the back yard so it can "take care of its business". Just before she goes to work, she lets the dog back inside. Upon returning from work she, once again, lets the dog out into the backyard.
To my mind there is no difference between sleeping for 8-9 hours and going to work for 8-9 hours. Is it expected that a walker take the dog out while its owner sleeps ? In either case the dog must wait.
PS: diet plays a big role in how often the animal needs to relieve itself.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Dogs are obviously not your area of expertise.
Nor yours by the sound of it Swimfeeders

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top