Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 09:19 PM

Repeating the Repeats!!!!

How many more times can they get away with putting old re-runs of Harry flippin' Potter? I am sick to death of these repeats being shown every single night recently.
I've already seen the repeats repeated dozens of times before this round as well.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 09:57 PM

Re: Repeating the Repeats!!!!

Funny you should say that Mups, that's what we're watching as I speak.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 10:38 PM

The days after Christmas are always dire on the TV with repeats of repeats . A good time to catch up on recorded programs
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How many more times can they get away with putting old re-runs of Harry flippin' Potter? I am sick to death of these repeats being shown every single night recently.
I've already seen the repeats repeated dozens of times before this round as well.
Ha Ha; you should try Australian TV at Christmas! It's a non ratings period so we get nothing new. Thank goodness for the BBC and ITV with their Christmas specials otherwise the screens would be blank.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:23 AM

My husband is loving the harry potters, found something he likes at Christmas finally. Not everyone has seen them first or even second time round this year he has actually had time to watch them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:32 AM

My TV was burping all over Christmas !
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:32 AM

This scam has been going for years same old same old,,, the harry potter films have taken the place of the James Bond films, thank the lord for the

OFF button....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:35 AM

For people on their own - the OFF button is not a solution .....
You need to really search the viewing guides though, you'll find something. When we saw a Morecambe and Wise docu in 2 parts, I thought now what could they possibly add, that we dont already know. We've watched everything on them but, they managed it, it was great ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 10:33 AM

I quite like the Harry Potter films so I don't really mind them at the moment because I've not really seen the last ones.

My concerns are more for the increasing level of repeats in general, some masquerading under a different guise now with iPlayer and ITV's equivalent as if there aren't enough repeats anyway with umpteen channels featuring old programmes.

Even on dedicated channels for this old stuff we're beginning to see them repeating that too!

I'm fussy about what I watch and rarely watch more recent films because I find them tedious and dumbed-down much of the time with plots that are often so ludicrous it's a wonder they aren't classed as comedies.

Even comedy films I find very badly done now, usually resorting to a kind of slapstick and hinging on misunderstandings as plots or just plain silliness - seen one, seen 'em all.

I've complained to SKY many times about their programmes too but you never get any real responses!
We have to use SKY because we don't get anything else now and I refuse to put up an expensive digital aerial and buy all the gubbins we'd need for just a few years until we move!

Most evenings now my wife and I while give up searching through TV Guides for something interesting or entertaining and give up and read instead. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Yes Steve dont like modern films either. I do like TV movies though, the majority are good, and the acting is superior to todays mainstream.
Todays TV really is tat .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top