Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Re: Yet another new keyboard

Thanks JBR and clumsy for the suggestions, I'll take a look. The keyboards aren't damaged, Nom, just blank keys. The letters don't wear off laptops so why keyboards? Is it only Microsoft?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 09:35 AM

This is only my second keyboard in about 12 years.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 09:42 AM

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, but the letters are disappearing on it bit by bit.
I touch type, but I do type a lot as a I have my own website which entails a lot of typing.
The "L" is completely gone. As is "<" and ">" - which I don't understand as I rarely use them - maybe it's 'resting' thing?
"E" "A" and "O" are nearly gone.
Other than that, the keyboard itself is great.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I have a Logitech wireless keyboard, but the letters are disappearing on it bit by bit.
I touch type, but I do type a lot as a I have my own website which entails a lot of typing.
The "L" is completely gone. As is "<" and ">" - which I don't understand as I rarely use them - maybe it's 'resting' thing?
"<" and ">" are also "," and "." so you probably use those keys quite a lot.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
The Logitech one I use currently, and the Genius one I still have, but no using at the present time, have engraved letters. The keyboards with painted on letters I won't buy again. Evidently chemicals in soap, handcreams etc etc, even sweaty hands, can soon wipe the painted letters off keyboards. I have thrown out more keyboards in the past than I can remember. I will only every buy keyboards with the letters engraved in them these days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Evidently chemicals in soap, handcreams etc etc, even sweaty hands, can soon wipe the painted letters off keyboards.
Use gloves!

No, thin ones.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:01 AM

My new Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse just arrived. Looks ok so far. I'll see how it goes and let you know.

I'm wondering if I could paint something on the keys to preserve the letters. Maybe transparent nail varnish perhaps. I might try it on one or two to see what the effect is.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 11:40 PM

O a blast from the past...wonder what happened to Nero?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 06:00 AM

Just found out the other day you can get replacement stickers for the keyboard!

http://www.amazon.com/REPLACEMENT-EN.../dp/B003DO9DE4
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 06:41 AM

After going through a few keyboards over the years, the best one has been the latest Logitech wired one. It has fairly large letters on it that glow in the dark (the strength of the glow can be varied). I think this means that the letters aren't painted on but just a transparent part of the key that lets the light shine through. This would mean there isn't any lettering paint to wear out.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top