Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Re: Clement Fraud Exposed of Being a Paedophile

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I read the apology and it didn't read that way to me, more like an old lady praying if she said sorry it may all go away so she could carry on her life. Nothing said she knew at all.

But innocent until proven guilty I say again and we can't try dead people so we will never know the truth.
It seems that all apart from Rolf Harris have passed and to think I loved these people when I was young.

People were aware and never came forward and the ones who did were castigated.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
It seems that all apart from Rolf Harris have passed and to think I loved these people when I was young.

A lot who are still living have been found innocent so castigation of their accusers is fine IMO this sort of charge is heinous if the man is innocent.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->

True.....Johnny Rotten(Sex Pistols)accused Saville of wrong doing in a 70's interview.....he was banned by the BBC.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
A lot who are still living have been found innocent so castigation of their accusers is fine IMO this sort of charge is heinous if the man is innocent.
Why would his wife apologise.....hoping they could find peace at last.....if she doubted the accusations?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Why do you all seem to think that Freud's wife and family knew?

The woman told her story in order to cleanse herself, she said she'd kept it hidden for all these years and didn't want to take it to her grave.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why would his wife apologise.....hoping they could find peace at last.....if she doubted the accusations?
She's in her late 80s I think there could be many reasons she just wants it to go away and leave her alone, the media come to mind instantly younger people than her have had lives ruined by packs of reporters.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

15-06-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Why do you all seem to think that Freud's wife and family knew?

The woman told her story in order to cleanse herself, she said she'd kept it hidden for all these years and didn't want to take it to her grave.
IF he's guilty I doubt there's only one or two, so she quite possibly knew.

There again, didn't his wife seduce a boy of 16....when she was 47?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 11:19 AM

I am getting a bit fed up of all these accusations about the dead and often doubt the truth. The accused is dead so can't be punished. His family could be completely innocent and know nothing of it, so why bring shame on them? There is also the fact that many underage girls willingly had sexual relations with men they liked, just as they do these days, but they are not stupid and know what they are doing is wrong. In these cases , if the girl is mature enough to seek sex, when she knows it is wrong, she is equally to blame and, if the man forced her, I would have expected her to go home and tell Mum or another adult.
In this case I would be tempted to say," It happened many years ago and seeing as you have waited all this time to tell anybody, I suggest you get over it!"
I am sure there are men on this site who had sex with under age girls ( probably girlfriends) and I wonder how they and their families would feel if the girl now decided to accuse them of being a paedophile?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 11:26 AM

I really think you have to read her testimony to fully understand.

He took me to the beach. We went swimming. He took me on the bus and we went up to the mountains to see a friend of his. And he came quite frequently, and he bought me clothes and he bought me presents.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-06-14/l...-sexual-abuse/

He had a certain power over me which I didn't understand and because it was something new, and it was a man, and I was desperate for a father’s love.

So it was the first time, aged 10, that a father figure comes into my life...

He'd stroke me and he'd kiss me at the back of the bus on the mouth...It was horrible and I didn't like it. I was disgusted and upset.

– SYLVIA WOOSLEY
Sylvia was too scared to tell her mother about the abuse and thought her ordeal was over when Sir Clement moved back to the UK a year later.

But when her parents' marriage broke up when she was 14, she was sent to live with Freud, his new wife and baby daughter and the abuse escalated.

Twink, you'd tell her to pipe down and get over it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-06-2016, 11:33 AM

Still seems wrong to me to wait until after he died to come forward. I think we should have a day say New Year's Eve 2016 if someone has not reported historical abuse by then, not revisit it again after that date.

This drip drip of case after case isn't helping anyone and must be costing thousands to incestigate and take through courts.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top