Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 03:42 PM

Re: Freecycle trauma

I've used Freecycle sometimes and found it ok, As to the dryer.....First come First served...
Add a line to your advert in capitals saying the dryer is now gone, and don't answer any emails..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 03:46 PM

Then i shall email the first person now and give them a time limit...thst seems fair to me.

As for the bed woman.
It's for her male friend who is currently sleeping on a floor somewhere.. so i reckon she might just turn up
She asked for the address today too so it seems plausible
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always make it clear first come first served, and any tear jerkers will be ignored. Otherwise you just can't chose and as someone else said they ding turn up anyway.
You get plenty of tear jerkers, who give you their whole life history to try to get you to favour them. Like you, I ignored them too,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always make it clear first come first served, and any tear jerkers will be ignored. Otherwise you just can't chose and as someone else said they ding turn up anyway.
I thought first come first gets it too. Gave away a small upright freezer to the first person, she couldn't get here quick enough to collect it. People love free stuff.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:13 PM

around here people just use Freecycle to get rid of their old rubbish.

A friends daughter got a washing machine off Freecycle. First she had to borrow an Estate car from a friend and give them some petrol money. Then she nearly broke her back getting it in the car as the “donor ” said he had a bad back and couldnt help her lift. She had to then go back and get a friends teenage son to help.

She got it home and it didnt work and then she had to pay the council about £40 to take it away.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
around here people just use Freecycle to get rid of their old rubbish.

A friends daughter got a washing machine off Freecycle. First she had to borrow an Estate car from a friend and give them some petrol money. Then she nearly broke her back getting it in the car as the “donor ” said he had a bad back and couldnt help her lift. She had to then go back and get a friends teenage son to help.

She got it home and it didnt work and then she had to pay the council about £40 to take it away.
Surely she should have clocked, if someone if giving a washing machine away, it wasn't likely to be in good working order.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Surely she should have clocked, if someone if giving a washing machine away, it wasn't likely to be in good working order.
I wouldnt have accepted it until Id seen it plugged in and switched on!!

Actually, come to think of it, I wouldnt get anything electrical from Freecycle.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I wouldnt have accepted it until Id seen it plugged in and switched on!!

Actually, come to think of it, I wouldnt get anything electrical from Freecycle.
I don't want anyone's second hand goods, and definitely nothing electrical.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 05:34 PM

No, but some are so sure they can "fix" things. I hope they can.

(I have freecycled electrical things, but it freecycling or freegling anything is such a hassle.)
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2018, 06:26 PM

Earthmother and her long suffering lodger came to pick the bed up this morning!
Yaaaay!

They were so grateful it brought a tear to my eye

Just the dryer to go now

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top