Join for free
Page 323 of 391 « First < 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 09:35 PM

Re: Today I have .........

I'm glad you are putting your foot down
Wish him well, and keep us up to date
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 09:55 PM

What an absolutely beautiful puppy! I so want her.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Awwwwww, I want to cuddle her!
So do I - she is beautiful!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Thanks for the good wishes all. It really has been a stressful two days. The hospital phoned me at 8.30 a.m. this morning to say I could fetch him home. What a performance! His thumb was operated on last night, so he has a bandaged right hand, left arm in a sling, bruised back, broken collar bone, 3 staples in his head, chest infection still with him and can only sort of stumble around not steady at all. Iīm not really sure what caused the fall but I strongly suspect working outside in the heat, despite being told time and again not to, heīs also not too careful with his medications so having gone through them all I want a word with the doctor about a couple of them which I really donīt think he should be taking. So having got him home and under orders not to move, I then had to go and sort out appointments with the nurse, he has to go every two days for a check on the head wound. He already had a doctorīs appointment on Friday and he can have as many tantrums as he wants but I am going with him because I donīt think he ever listens to what heīs told and never asks questions. So now I have to do all his outside jobs as well as everything else. I certainly canīt complain I have nothing to do !

I hope all others with injuries get well soon and that puppy is absolutely adorable.

Just a thought Loretta darlin' - does your OH wear a hat when he's out and about??? - If not, given the additional heat and sun you get down there did he parhaps have a touch of heat or sun stroke???
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just a thought Loretta darlin' - does your OH wear a hat when he's out and about??? - If not, given the additional heat and sun you get down there did he parhaps have a touch of heat or sun stroke???
Yes he does wear a hat Uncle Joe, but heīs a stubborn old soul and often simply doesnīt use common sense, he thinks heīs invincible. He wasnīt feeling too well when he came back from his nebuliser session on Tuesday and I told him to stay in and relax, but of course not him. Personally I think it was a case of too much medication and working in the heat.
Tomorrow I will go into the doctor with him, whether he has a tantrum or not, and I am taking some medication with me that I donīt think he should be taking now. It isnīt too easy right now as over the past year weīve had a few changes of doctor because our regular doctor, although only young, had a very severe stroke. Therefore weīve had various doctors each month, locums, who obviously donīt have the time to go through each patients history. However the current doctor, a lady from the Dominican Republic, has been with us some months now so perhaps she is going to be permanent and in future I will be in charge of medications, whether Mr Clumsy likes it or not...........I will be in charge
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 11:12 AM

... watched the 'new' pussycat negotiate the catflap for the first time.

Slightly awkward because he's kind of 'gangly' but he seems to know how to do it

Lovely sunny day now
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Today I have...tried to improve on my technology and managed to put a new Apple on me laptop.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Jem
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Today I have...tried to improve on my technology and managed to put a new Apple on me laptop.
You're in fine form today, Jem!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 06:37 PM

My travels today took me first to Green Park (London). Sat and ate my sandwich and made a coffee. Spoke to a couple from Devon stopping at the Ritz (G/W anniversary present from daughter. My parents got a surprise party!! Heh heh). On to a bus, stopped off at Putney for a pitstop, including ice cream and cold drink in McD. Back on to a bus to Putney Heath, straight on to another one which ended at Roehampton.

Then, after a long walk, found myself in Richmond Park. Started to walk through it, with my bus map as guidance, and realised...whoops, what a mistaka to maka!!!! It's HUGE!!! Saw that when I got home and got out the A-Z.

Found my way out (but did see the herds of deer), another bus to Richmond, pit stop in McD (no food), then on to the London Overground to home.

Quick shower once home - couldn't believe it wasn't so late with all the ground I've covered - legs worn down to my knees, two cups of tea. Now have veggies on to go with pork casserole.

Think I'd better rest tomorrow, after my recent health scare. I don't listen, do I?! Ok at the moment...

Page 323 of 391 « First < 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top