Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 01:20 PM

Re: Good morning monday

Originally Posted by nero ->
It is, . . I heard a knock on the door and when I answered this brass monkey asked to borrow my welder.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Hi, all. Indian Summer here again, brilliant sun and already 16 (60F) degrees before lunch; will be even warmer by afternoon ... loving it! Am stuck in the house waiting for the plumber to come fix the running toilet. I dread thinking about next month's water bill! That's all my news.

Enjoy your Monday!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi, all. Indian Summer here again, brilliant sun and already 16 (60F) degrees before lunch; will be even warmer by afternoon ... loving it! Am stuck in the house waiting for the plumber to come fix the running toilet. I dread thinking about next month's water bill! That's all my news.

Enjoy your Monday!
Did'nt know the water is metered in your area DM, . . we're fortunate in Scotland coz it rains here a lot.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Indeed it is, Nero! Billed every month. The plumber just came, he's off to his truck to get whatever he needs ...hope it won't take too long!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Wow - how late am I?
Forgot my husband is on holiday this week (so my visits will be erratic!) We've done not a whole lot today but have tidied up lots of financial bits & pieces; it's amazing how long that seems to take.
Tomorrow - retail therapy, lunch out and going to see Up, which I'm told is a great film.
It's markedly colder here - but apparently this is to be the coldest day of the week. Still far from frosty and still absolutely no imperative to light the log burner sadly/gladly
Almost forgot to say that I have mixed up my xmas puddings and have a gooey, fragrant, gloop standing overnight ready to be steamed tomorrow - that will have to be after the cinema
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-11-2009, 09:17 PM

The plumber has been and gone, toilet repaired at the cost of $332.55! Not to mention the forthcoming water bill! But great that it's fixed now. Leia, who dislikes strangers, retreated upstairs; came down briefly to eat her lunch with a very wary eye on him, and is up now even though we're back to peace and quiet. Glad that's over!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 09:34 PM

Ouch DM! Nearly the price of a new WC
Hope that's it fixed now though
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-11-2009, 09:45 PM

About what I expected; plumbers are very expensive; plus repair is quicker and less noisy and time consuming than getting a new one. Leia just came downstairs to check that the plumber was really truly gone.... gave the bathroom an intensive sniffing!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
The plumber has been and gone, toilet repaired at the cost of $332.55! Not to mention the forthcoming water bill! But great that it's fixed now. Leia, who dislikes strangers, retreated upstairs; came down briefly to eat her lunch with a very wary eye on him, and is up now even though we're back to peace and quiet. Glad that's over!
Holy Moses, that's alot of money. Plumbing problems are the worst and wonderful when they are fixed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Goodness me Eileen, that's almost £200! Not what you need at the beginning of winter either

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top