Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 10:14 PM

Re: A Trip to Weight Watchers this pm!

Darling!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 10:29 PM

Hope all goes well Wanda-if you stick to it I'm sure she'll loose some weight
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Does Foxy like carrot Wanda? My dog does.
A whole or grated carrot will help her feel full and might be more tasty than the special food! I suppose too much carrot would be calorific though. as they are quite sweet?
Foxy has a raw carrot every day when I am preparing the rabbit and guinea pigs tea! She loves raw veg
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 10:53 PM

It always amazes me how omniverous dogs are: a friends Malemute loved cucumber; used to steal them off the vine in the garden.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 10:57 PM

Cali enjoys carrot too.

Foxy is a gorgeous girl - good luck with the diet.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 11:32 PM

Aww bless her, she needs every bit of extra padding when she sits on the snow like that!

She's gorgeous and doesn't look especially overweight to me...
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 11:35 PM

She is very pretty, how old is she???
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2009, 12:17 PM

That's a brilliant idea and wish my vet had the same program going! Loki's weight is rather high but it is her medication that causes it. I only give her two small meals a day! She gets plenty long walks but it is me that is losing the weight!!

Good luck to Foxy - a wee beauty he is

Take care.
Wanda
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
She is very pretty, how old is she???
I have to say that it is not often she gets called "pretty"!

She is, roughly, 7 1/2 years old. Difficult to say, as she was a rescue when I got her 3 1/2 years ago.
Wanda

13-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aww bless her, she needs every bit of extra padding when she sits on the snow like that!

She's gorgeous and doesn't look especially overweight to me...
Ah, but she is about 2 kilos over her correct weight, going off her size and build. As I say, she isn't obese, but that 2 kilos is quite a lot. Particularly as where she was before being rescued, (in a flat in a rough area of Manchester, living with alcoholics and drug addicts) they not only knocked one of her teeth out, but also broke her back leg I have noticed that after a lot of exercise and when it is very cold and damp, she does tend to limp a little bit on that leg, so I think she is a little bit prone to arthritis, which will only get worse as she gets older, and more so if she is heavier than she should be.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top