Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Re: Sopping saturday

Very relieved that all of you reporting in have survived the horrid weather! Sounds like a real monster of a storm.

Gloomy here, but the rain is finally gone, it's warming up a tad, 13 (55F) degrees and the sun is making a valiant effort to burn thru the clouds. Tomorrow's supposed to be lovely: sunny and warm. I'm ready for it. Just my usual library run this morning; no news. Have a nice day, people.

No, DM, the remnants of Hurricane Ida are offshore pounding New England now; that was a different monster you got.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 05:54 PM

I think we get bits that come across on the jet stream DM - I'll keep my ears open during the forecasts to see if they mention it
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 06:00 PM

That would be interesting to know! I'm sort of a weather buff.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 06:01 PM

My pal went into our local and asked for a pint, he looked at the pint on the bar for a while, . . the barman asked . . "is there anything wrong ?", my pal said . . "it's a bit cloudy, I'm just waiting for the thunder and lightning".
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Don't mention thunder and lightening Nero, we don't want any of that here. It's been a terrible day here as well, very windy and rain, I've been ironing ALL day how boring is that! I've stopped now and I'm not going to do any more for today, I'm getting ready to watch Strictly and X Factor. Have a nice evening all of you.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 08:28 PM

Good evening all

We had a very rough night last night, lots of flooding on the roads around here too. It has been patchy today, someone actually had a BBQ today, they must be mad. We have had some rain and gusty wind, had to dodge bits of trees on the school road but nothing big came down thank goodness.

Lets hope its a calmer night tonight.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 09:35 PM

Evening all-after reading all your posts, where I am must be the only place where it has been a reasonable day. No wind at all, pleasant morning with even a bit of sunshine, about an hours rain then cloudy but dry for rest of day. Saw on the news about where the storm had hit some places I think I've been very lucky and hope that its calmer now for you that have had the bad weather.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-11-2009, 09:53 PM

You were lucky; glad it was a decent day. Our rain is gone but the promised sun came out for a very brief visit and vanished again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2009, 12:12 AM

Looks like we all survied the storms
Mud mud everywhere roll on spring!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top