Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 11:53 PM

Laboratory Experiments

In 2012, 3,214 dogs and puppies were used in 4,843 tests in Britain. Many of these have gone straight from a commercial breeder to the lab.
Some 92% of drugs tested on animals and shown to be safe do not then pass human clinical trials, and of those that do, 50% are later withdrawn as ineffective or with serious or potentially life-threatening side effects.
I have just read a report saying that a dog called "Hope" suffered year after year for 6 years for untrained students to practice on. Her abdomen and thorax had been repeatedly cut open and crudely closed. She was continually poked, prodded and made sick. She had so many anaesthetics, she actually became immune to them, so felt everything they did to her. This happened in an Albanian research facility.
The good news is - In June 2013, this pitiful dog was finally rescued because a member of staff at the research place went to the right people to do something about it.
This dog is now safe in the UK and will end her days in a loving home. Because of all the extensive surgery to her throat, she can never wear a collar.
Inspite of what she has suffered for so long, she has finally begun to trust people again. I hope she is never let down, ever again.
But what about the ones left behind?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 05:55 AM

Re: Laboratory Experiments

I believe that, unfortunately, using animals to test medical procedures and drugs is essential but it should always be done with compassion.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 09:37 AM

Beggars belief Mups, the animalworld suffers so much at the hands of the ulitimate predator. Mankind.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 09:55 AM

I don't believe any of this is necessary, we are not dogs or monkeys drugs etc do not work the same on us and them. We have enough dreadfully evil people we could do these experiments on we don't need to make animals suffer.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 11:13 AM

One reason why you will never find any Proctor and Gamble products in my house is because they conduct horrific experiments on animals.

At one time - maybe, just maybe, it was necessary to test medicines on animals - but it is certainly not justifiable now. Science and technology has moved on and it is perfectly possible to test/create/verify products within a laboratory without involving animals. If further testing is necessary - use Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady et al.

At no time was/is it ever necessary to test cosmetics on animals. That is just homo sapiens vanity and arrogance.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 11:52 AM

Why not use paedophiles and murderers instead .
What have the animals done to deserve such barbaric treatment .
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I believe that, unfortunately, using animals to test medical procedures and drugs is essential but it should always be done with compassion.
I believe that is so and I agree with you.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 05:07 PM

How can you possibly agree!! I just don't get it. Mups in his original post stated

"Some 92% of drugs tested on animals and shown to be safe do not then pass human clinical trials, and of those that do, 50% are later withdrawn as ineffective or with serious or potentially life-threatening side effects."

IT IS COMPLELY UNNECESSARY and nothing makes my blood boil more than man's cruelty to animals.

When is humankind going to face the stark reality of life - that is that it ends in death.

I have no desire to go on and on and on... why are we so obsessed with longevity.

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I believe that is so and I agree with you.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't believe any of this is necessary, we are not dogs or monkeys drugs etc do not work the same on us and them. We have enough dreadfully evil people we could do these experiments on we don't need to make animals suffer.
Agreed, let's leave the innocent animals out of it!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 06:51 PM

I will never understand what type of person can deliberately and repeatedly inflict such diabolical pain to a trusting animal over and over again.
I can't imagine the terror that creature must feel every time the humans who hurt him pause outside his cage, or start to open his door.

As part of the legislation governing animal laboratories, there is provision for animals to be freed and rehomed. But , as one of the rescue team says, "It's just not implemented, as it's cheaper to kill them".

I agree with what others have said and wish wholeheartedly that it was lawful to use the worst of the criminals of the world. It would give more accurate results and also be a helluva a deterrent to these people not to re-offend.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top