Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Re: Katie Price

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't know much about KP except that she had a breast enlargement and seems to be talked about a lot for some reason I can't work out .

It always amazes me that men should find breast enlargements attractive.
If I was a man I am sure I would prefer 'small but natural' to 'large and artificial' particularly taking into account that a woman who is going to be a mother should be capable of giving a baby the best start and for me that includes breast feeding (I should imagine you can't breast feed after having an enlargement)

I am rather dismayed that people like KP have portrayed an image that so many young girls wish to emulate. What for me is a grotesque image of woman now seems to be becoming the norm.
Agree completely with you Meg, why change what nature gave you..
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Ghastly, attention-seeking woman who is coarse, crass and cheap - despite her millions. My OH says he thinks she's really ugly and can't understand why women would like to look like her. I do however have a new respect for Peter Andre as I think he has acted with tact and discretion over their break up.

I hope for the sake of the children he has a say in their future upbringing.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 09:52 PM

She is what my Mum would say is "Cheap & Nasty"....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Well foks I can honestly say that the sum total of my knowledge about this women has been gained by reading this thread and prior to that I had never heard of her.

In 2004 we made a considered decision to move to a very rural location where we don't have newspapers and only occassionaly look in on Sky News and while there are some disadvantages one of the things which I've never regreted is that we don't get to read or hear about people who I would never ever want to find myself sitting next to on a bus!!!

Which would, from all your comments, include this women.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:08 AM

I had no opinion on Katie Price except that she loves horses and is a rider so can't be that bad.
However I saw her on television talking on a woman's programme on living with a disabled child .
The love she showed for her disabled son and the rest of her children shone through .
She spoke how the joy of having him and how the other children loved him
I though they looked a very happy family .
Why would anyone want to take her children away from her?
btw she the breast implants removed some years back .
And while she is famous for being famous
( I thought she had been a page three girl)
She is little different form the other Kate of Royal connection who also is famous for being famous .
The only difference is that Katie's Price has actually worked and earned her own money as far as I can see.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Agree completely with you Meg, why change what nature gave you..

Because ( not in this case perhaps ) nature is not always kind .
No one thank goodness needs to live life with a hare lip or a cleft palette or some dreadful deformity any more if it can be remedied by medical intervention.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 08:50 AM

She was a model and was famous for that to start with. Maybe that's a bit different to being famous for being famous. I think she must be a smart business woman for playing what she was born with to the full. After all, she does have lots of money in the bank. That's a mark of being an achiever in one's field I suppose.

A lot of people are famous for playing to the full what they were born with. That could even apply to someone with a good singing voice. They might have honed that voice much the same as a model might hone their body but both are lucky enough to have been gifted with what they have, rather than it being attained via purely hard work.

Once a person in the limelight for taking advantage of any trait they were born with, they get written about, appear on TV etc. All aspects of their way of life then become open to opinions and discussion. All part of the life they fell into I suppose and all part of life's rich pattern.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Some nasty remarks about Katie Price made back in August 2009 - only just realised it was this far back. I am never going to be in her fan club, but having seen her speak numerous times on TV, I have respect for her.

She has had her breast implants removed - someone said, you can't breastfeed with implants - actually that is wrong - you can. Not that I agree with them.

She is devoted to her children, including her eldest who has multiple disabilities and complex needs and must be hard work. She isn't a rocket scientist, but she is a shrewd business woman who is concerned to provide for her large family.

The OP also mentioned Jodi Marsh who works tirelessly for anti bullying campaigns.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:30 AM

I like katie price , do find her fascinating to watch and listen too . She's a good mum and loves her children that's for sure , a brilliant business woman , but totally insecure and bonkers where men are concerned . I don't know why she feels she needs a man so much , just wish she would live for her children and herself .

Strange world of the celeb I suppose
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:39 AM

I thought Katie Price had the massive implants removed but replaced with smaller ones? I think she is a very good business woman but doesn't seem to be doing as well as she used to. Most of her fortune was made when she was married to Peter Andre, they were 'the Brand'.
She was foolish to take her current younger husband Keiran back, after he cheated on her with her best friend!
I am now waiting for her severely disabled son, Harvey's free transport to school to come up!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top