Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:14 PM

Update on PMs and Members-only section

Hi Guys,

As discussed in another thread recently, I have made the changes so that the members-only section, and PMs are only available to members who have been registered a while and have made at least 50 posts.

The system will go through the member list over the course of a day or so to make the user promotions as necessary. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience during this time. (If you need to contact anyone urgently just start a thread in the Contact Admin section and I'll pass your message on for you).

For those who haven't made 50 posts yet - get posting I was actually going to set it to 100, but think we can see how it goes at 50 for now
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:17 PM

Re: Update on PMs and Members-only section

Thank you for that, having had a fair few new members contacting me by PM I am a little wary of the system now if I see a newbie has been in contact. Might be worth pointing out we are not a dating site too !
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:21 PM

Haha, the funny thing is I have been thinking about starting up a dating site for people over 50 - because so many dating sites out there use fake profiles to try and get people to part with their money

So I thought we could start a site for those genuinely looking to meet others (and make it free). I'm undecided tho - perhaps a broader site might be better (where people over 50s can join to make new friends, or, meet potential mates). As I said tho, it was just an idea, haven't really given it much thought.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:23 PM

That's fine Azz just as a 30 year married lady who is happy with the one man I won't be joining
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

31-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's fine Azz just as a 30 year married lady who is happy with the one man I won't be joining
Pleased to hear it

Just out of interest, do you have any friends who might benefit from such a site? Or can you see it being useful to the general over 50s population?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-05-2014, 05:34 PM

Most of my friends are married or very happily single or Gay so I can't see it being for them. But looking at how many dating sites are out there I think it could do well. I would if I were doing it aim at over 40s though as I know far more 40-50s looking for partners than over 50s.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:40 PM

What we have to remember is that as people get older they lose their partners so there are lots of men and women 60 and beyond looking for friendship, companionship and maybe more so a site for over 50's would be ideal.

As you say Azz many of the existing sites charge for membership and are just a scam !
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

31-05-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Most of my friends are married or very happily single or Gay so I can't see it being for them. But looking at how many dating sites are out there I think it could do well. I would if I were doing it aim at over 40s though as I know far more 40-50s looking for partners than over 50s.
I think you might be right, that one aimed at over 40s might be more popular Tho perhaps the 40 to 50s age group might find it easier to go out and about and meet people anyway? Plus I guess people over 50 start to get a bit more vulnerable, and maybe not as privy to technology - so perhaps the 40s to 50s don't really need my help

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
What we have to remember is that as people get older they lose their partners so there are lots of men and women 60 and beyond looking for friendship, companionship and maybe more so a site for over 50's would be ideal.

As you say Azz many of the existing sites charge for membership and are just a scam !

Great point Myrtle I actually found it shocking how these dating sites not only use fake profiles, but pretend they are interested in people by making conversation just long enough so that the 'real' person then has to pay to continue talking to them once their 'trial' is over

I think a free site, or a donation based one would be better - with lots of anti-robot measures to stop fake accounts getting in
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 06:21 PM

book me in! some uf us ARE single after 50!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 06:32 PM

I'll ask my wife of 55 years if I can join..........RIP.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top