Join for free
Page 5 of 55 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 05:47 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 4)

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
What's that got to do with unemployed apprentice pyramid builders?
What's what to do with what?

If you mean me, Sphynx is a wordplay on
Cogito, ergo sum, ( Latin: “I think, therefore I am) Descartes,
Wilson, Keppel & Betty were a much loved music hall act
best known for " The Sand Dance"The act was usually performed to the familiar Egyptian Ballet (1875), by Alexandre Luigini.

Pardon me for being ratty but there are so many notables in here these days that I have to hold my corner
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yeah that top Pharaoh Chap snaffled all the grub, yer know, that "Two Ton Kamun".
That reminds me of the rare sighting of a
Toucan in Tooting Common
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Not a lot of people know that William Randolph Hearst the billionaire wanted a real full sized Pyramid built on one of his estates in Arizona (he had a good sense of Yuma too) this was back in the 1940’s, He thought a Pyramid would be the ultimate in status symbolism. He had to forget the idea when he couldn’t find anyone capable of building it, sky scrapers were going up in all the big cities in America and not one of the companies knew how to build a Pyramid. Why are these skills lost to us now? because they didn’t continue teaching Pyramid courses down through the ages, I believe Hearst was heard to cry out in frustration on his death bed “My Kingdom for a Pyramid builder”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 01:20 AM

Well....apropos of nothing,t'is now Christmas Day.

So I wish for you all,all you wish for yourselves and Happy Festives.

[I bought Yes Dear a new fridge for Christmas-her face lit up when she opened it!]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Well....apropos of nothing,t'is now Christmas Day.

So I wish for you all,all you wish for yourselves and Happy Festives.

[I bought Yes Dear a new fridge for Christmas-her face lit up when she opened it!]
you mean the three of ya were all switched on? wow - the synchronicity must have been mind boggling - can you boggle your mind by the way?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 08:20 AM

I have a boggling mind. In one way when you get older you can forget things. This can be good as recently I was reading a story on my Kindle, (is there any other way?) that I felt sure that I had read before. But I could not remember.
Now what was I going to add? See I have forgotten.
Oh yes.. Merry Christmas.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
What's what to do with what?

If you mean me, Sphynx is a wordplay on
Cogito, ergo sum, ( Latin: “I think, therefore I am) Descartes,
Wilson, Keppel & Betty were a much loved music hall act
best known for " The Sand Dance"The act was usually performed to the familiar Egyptian Ballet (1875), by Alexandre Luigini.

Pardon me for being ratty but there are so many notables in here these days that I have to hold my corner
There are Notables, Denotables, one Demountable, none Accountable, a couple of Credibles, all indefensible
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There are Notables, Denotables, one Demountable, none Accountable, a couple of Credibles, all indefensible
And especially a few Incurables ..
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
And especially a few Incurables ..
I think most are Inebriates on here!!

especially the one with the front loader!

then there is one who thinks he can cure women with gems!

and one who has the knowledge whatever that is??
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 09:26 PM

Spread out on the sofa feeling like a stuffed cushion and the party has lost it's momentum so I thought I'd see what was happening on Over50s......And I knew I would find you all here.....But where's Jem?

Page 5 of 55 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top