Join for free
Page 53 of 55 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 4)

Sharp indeed RJ, there's a fortune to be made from the blade.

More power to your elbow Pug, work all you like once it makes you happy, and feel free to grumble here all you want to, we don't mind, there would be no progress made if someone didn't grumble about something.

Some times when life gets me down
And I'm down to my last half crown
I feel sad, full of remorse
So I stick it on a unfancied horse
Then much to my surprise
I'm waving notes in front of my eyes
Lucky am I, every now and then
A fortunate soul among fellow men.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:11 PM

S'okay,I spose...but what if the razors in question require batteries...HMM?

Especially for Sturgeon's razor - coz he pinched that observation off Rudyard Kipling and merely re-phrased it;and in the time of Mr Kipling [yes,yes-settle down,children] batteries hadn't been invented-so,MUHH!

[ah....sorry Jembo...my offering was for the references to that Sturgeon fellow-a plagiarist if ever there was one]...huff!

Personally,I strongly believe in Anti-Plagiarism...together,we can beat it.
You may think that I'm a dreamer-but I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us-and the world will live as one.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Sharp indeed RJ, there's a fortune to be made from the blade.

More power to your elbow Pug, work all you like once it makes you happy, and feel free to grumble here all you want to, we don't mind, there would be no progress made if someone didn't grumble about something.

Some times when life gets me down
And I'm down to my last half crown
I feel sad, full of remorse
So I stick it on a unfancied horse
Then much to my surprise
I'm waving notes in front of
Lucky am I, every now and then
A fortunate soul among fellow men.

HAlf a CRown, what memories, MY uncle Vivian once advised me to have sixpence tattooed on to my todger,m so that if I was ever hard up I would always be able to rely on having a half crown/
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
HAlf a CRown, what memories, MY uncle Vivian once advised me to have sixpence tattooed on to my todger,m so that if I was ever hard up I would always be able to rely on having a half crown/
I'll say na more about that, me being a little fella.

I've taken to reading Arabian Nights again. “When the old Shah’s harem closed for the pilgrimage, he was at his wit’s end” (Arabian Nights) So that's where that old joke came from.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-02-2016, 08:40 PM

Here's what Mark Twain thinks of Plagiarism Pug.

“It takes a thousand men to invent a telegraph, or a steam engine, or a phonograph, or a photograph, or a telephone or any other important thing—and the last man gets the credit and we forget the others. He added his little mite — that is all he did. These object lessons should teach us that ninety-nine parts of all things that proceed from the intellect are plagiarisms, pure and simple; and the lesson ought to make us modest. But nothing can do that.”
― Mark Twain
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-02-2016, 04:42 PM

There is only one song I know of that only has one word in it, it’s “Batman” the thyme from the old Adam West TV series.
Hallelujah, might be another? anyway both have wonderful lyrics. If you 'wrote' a song for the Eurovision song contest with only one word in it it would be a sure winner as every country would find it easy to understand and vote for it.
Spitty has a favourite word , It sums up the whole spirit of Eurovision in just one well chosen word, well in my opinion it does.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 07:54 PM

While we are on the subject......... did EVE have a belly button?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-02-2016, 08:02 PM

She had not RJ, according to de Holy Bible she was created not born, so no belly button.
They where however Irish because in their naked state Adam looked at her an exclaimed "Oh Hair!" and she look at him and said "Oh Tool".
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 09:51 PM

If we vote to come out of the EU you can forget about winning points in the Eurovision Song Contest, in fact, if we vote to stay in we will still get nil pwar or whatever! Britain is the elephant in the European room...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-02-2016, 10:12 PM

Well we went really downhill when we had a Turkey sing for us back in 2008. The embarrassment of the whole thing was too much for me to even watch it.

“Pre-contest hot favourite Dustin the Turkey won the Irish final with the song Irelande Douze Pointe. The popular puppet will now go on to represent Ireland in the first Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest in Belgrade on Tuesday 20th of May”
[/URL]

Page 53 of 55 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top