Join for free
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 09:30 AM

Weather

I see that the Daily Express is forecasting the worst winter for 5 years, with heavy snow to arrive within a fortnight.

Judging by their past headline weather forecasts, all I can say is," Ladies don't put yopur bikinis away just yet".

Arthur
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Re: Weather

This was talked about a couple of weeks ago, Arthur. Still don't know whether to believe it or not though.
Every winter some prophets of doom forecast it's going to be a bad one, but I must admit I keep hearing this snowy forecast more and more.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 04:41 PM

Last year someone posted on here that we were in for three months of snow and a hard winter , it never materialised.

As always on these occasions if the prediction is correct it is remembered if it isn't it is quickly forgotten .

The meteorologists say that it is impossible to accurately predict the weather more than a couple of weeks ahead, anything else is pure speculation and a pinch of salt is required.

If we have a bad winter I think it will be nothing to do with predictions in the fantasy press.
The swans may know though

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=26764
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 04:58 PM

Ive heard this scare weather report too about bad snow coming..all I say is I will wait and see and believe it if and when I see it
I must say though that I think we are due a very bad Winter.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 06:12 PM

If that's the case i'm hibernating zzzzz Wake me up in spring please
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 07:58 AM

I've just read that El Nino is coming and we'll have the worst storms with us for 3 months or more
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 08:03 AM

Batten down the hatches....they always say something scaremongering every year..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 08:28 AM

I feel happy as now retired it doesn't really affect me , I will be warm and snug in my little home in my onsie . No more scraping the car windows , battling my way through the traffic , life is much easier . Lucky me .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:34 AM

Batten the hatches everyone - storm 'Abigail' is approaching and will hit us sometime tomorrow.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top