Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 11:50 AM

Think before you throw.

Heard on the radio about The number plates on J.F.K's Limousine the one he was in the day he was assasinated in Dallas in 1963.
The next president wanted to carry on using the same Limousine so it was overhauled and had new number plates fitted the old one's were thrown in the trash luckily someone spotted them and took them home put them in a draw and thats where they stayed all those years.
They are now being auctioned and expected to raise a $100,000 or more. Have you ever thrown anything out and later regretted it?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Re: Think before you throw.

Nothing that valuable Doc, do regret chucking the Beatles cards you used to get with chewing gum. Also the Beatles flexidiscs that came with magazines.

Also all the copies i had of OZ Magazines from the 60`s.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 12:31 PM

Ooo I've got a couple of those cards! I gave away an autograph book with Morecambe and Wise's signatures and a few other ones including Brucie and Softly Softly actors. Wish I hadn't now!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:21 PM

Does anyone else feel its sickening the amount of money being spent to buy an item that belonged to someone famous ? There is so much poverty and sickness in the world just a portion of the money spent on these items could help.
I see the number plate of JFK car is being put up for auction and expected to raise a six figure sale.Why ,what is so important about a piece of a car in which someone died ? Other items have raised a lot of money this way as well
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:23 PM

Not really if people want to spend their money that way it's up to them we don't know they may be giving equally to charity too. I would be annoyed if I was told how to spend mine so why should they be any different.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Does anyone else feel its sickening the amount of money being spent to buy an item that belonged to someone famous ? There is so much poverty and sickness in the world just a portion of the money spent on these items could help.
I see the number plate of JFK car is being put up for auction and expected to raise a six figure sale.Why ,what is so important about a piece of a car in which someone died ? Other items have raised a lot of money this way as well
Yep I find it sickening and pathetic
Not a full load some people
There is nothing I would want of anyone famous, rather see some good with my money, that - would be worthwhile
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:33 PM

I was a hoarder bacm in the 70s. I actually collected every empty pack of cigarettes thinking they would be worth something one day. As it turns out, they probably would be now!!

In the 80s I had a purge and got rid of everything.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:49 PM

"Does anyone else feel its sickening the amount of money being spent to buy an item that belonged to someone famous ?"

Not in the least. People are free to spend their money as they please and it's not for us to tell them otherwise.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 07:47 PM

I threw away my Record Song Book Magazines of the 60's and wished i never done it, there probably be worth a bit now..
Also gave to my Nephew from my first marriage a Stanley Gibbons Stamp Album with early stamps penny black, jubilee stamps etc... I don't know what he did with it but i never saw it again...

Nowadays i sell things of worth.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 08:17 PM

I gave away most of the boys old original Transformer Toys which are collected nowadays they had almost all of them and they were all in very good condition too not broken..I love seeing what other people give away or sell ,one mans trash is anothers tresure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top