Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 01:11 PM

Re: Nov 5th

Hope you are feeling better today UJ very scary when you can't breath properly in my experience.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hope you are feeling better today UJ very scary when you can't breath properly in my experience.

Thank you Julie darlin' - yes I'm fine again now - I was just being got at by the smoke from the bonfires and fireworks - not scary as such, but bloody annoying!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thank you Julie darlin' - yes I'm fine again now - I was just being got at by the smoke from the bonfires and fireworks - not scary as such, but bloody annoying!!!
Glad you were seen to!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:20 PM

I've had more going off again tonight for the last 2 or 3 hours!! Big loud bangs again, going on and on.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:41 PM

I just spotted you'd posted and thought ... I bet Mups has had more fireworks going off.

So have I!
It's never ending.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:57 PM

Well they must have run out of money near me, it's quiet and i can't believe it...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:31 AM

Well - I am sick of it! The fireworks started here on Thursday (Mischief Night) and have continued since then. Last night there were still rockets exploding at midnight - I am sure that is illegal.

As some people have been letting off fireworks during the day as well my poor cats have been confined to the house now for 4 days and are prowling like caged tigers - snarling at each other and me!

Some of those rockets cost over £30 - so people are, quite literally, burning money! Crazy!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 07:37 PM

Been standing outside my flats for the best part of 15 minutes, watching the display from the school right by our flats!

It was apparently postponed from the 5th, due to the bad weather, as the kids next door go there. (Just met mum and the children.)

Wish I'd known: I'd have got my camera ready. It was fabulous, but oh so loud! And I had to almost hide behind the brickwork to avoid the burning embers flying my way, lol.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:24 PM

There seemed to be less than usual here this year, there are a lot of Asians near who celebrate Diwali,as well as Guy Fawkes so its usually very noisy.I do wish they would be stopped from private use,the noise upsets a lot of people and the poor animals.Fortunately my cat is not too bothered by them , but I have had a dog and cat [ together ] who were terrified.An elderly neighbour ,living alone, was always afraid that a firework would hit her house and cause damage to it or her windows
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
There seemed to be less than usual here this year, there are a lot of Asians near who celebrate Diwali,as well as Guy Fawkes so its usually very noisy.I do wish they would be stopped from private use,the noise upsets a lot of people and the poor animals.Fortunately my cat is not too bothered by them , but I have had a dog and cat [ together ] who were terrified.An elderly neighbour ,living alone, was always afraid that a firework would hit her house and cause damage to it or her windows

I agree to a point deylon, at least it would probably only be on one night a year then, instead of spread out over a week or two. Only thing is, the huge public display near me is deafening and a lot longer and more elaborate than the kids with half a dozen fireworks.
I've still heard a few tonight being let off.

Get this bonfire night behind us, then in some places it'll start all over again on New Years Eve!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top