Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 02:29 PM

Are we catered for .....?

What would you like to see in the shops that you feel is not being stocked for you and your tastes .....................
For years I find looking for skirts a real chore

They are either pencil skirts or midi floaty things
All the skirts that I like which is A line and small check design, are all mini ! There are loads of them but nothing knee length.
Every shop - the same story, you would think 'one' store would be a bit more with it for our age group
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 02:42 PM

Re: Are we catered for .....?

I don't have much problem with buying clothes. I have problem buying herbs & spices in decent quantities. Too many supermarkets only keep overpriced small jars. To buy good quantities means a trip to the Asian supermarket in a scruffy industrial estate (70mile round trip) or buying mail order and paying postage.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 02:54 PM

I hope you can get what you want eventually Patsy, ladies are a bit more choosy than us fellas, Phyllis would often go into town with the daughter, spend hours there and come home saying "They've nothing in the shops"
In the meantime I've just ordered a nice padded warm jacket from China at a terrific price of 22 euro's (was 80) I'm getting better at this online shopping, I got some lovely pullovers and shirts, and now that I've got me size right with them I find the whole experience good.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 03:09 PM

As long as Marks stays open i will be able to dress myself, Jeans n T shirts in black, blue, green,or brown and im sorted. Getting hard to buy real music from independent record shops. Too much of this X Factor crap being peddled these days.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
What would you like to see in the shops that you feel is not being stocked for you and your tastes .....................
For years I find looking for skirts a real chore

They are either pencil skirts or midi floaty things
All the skirts that I like which is A line and small check design, are all mini ! There are loads of them but nothing knee length.
Every shop - the same story, you would think 'one' store would be a bit more with it for our age group
Patsy try here.....
http://www.bonmarche.co.uk/shop-by-p...FWvlwgodowoMOQ
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Patsy try here.....
http://www.bonmarche.co.uk/shop-by-p...FWvlwgodowoMOQ
No good Gabi - long and floaty
Appreciate the link though - will be good for the future on other items I'm sure
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I hope you can get what you want eventually Patsy, ladies are a bit more choosy than us fellas, Phyllis would often go into town with the daughter, spend hours there and come home saying "They've nothing in the shops"
In the meantime I've just ordered a nice padded warm jacket from China at a terrific price of 22 euro's (was 80) I'm getting better at this online shopping, I got some lovely pullovers and shirts, and now that I've got me size right with them I find the whole experience good.
So pleased to hear that Jem - you're a lucky fella
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
that's a good deal Jem but be careful their sizes are much smaller than ours I recently bought an XL size jacket from China and when it came back it was two sizes too small they would except returns but it was £60 postage with tracking which they insist on......needless to say it went to a charity shop
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
As long as Marks stays open i will be able to dress myself, Jeans n T shirts in black, blue, green,or brown and im sorted. Getting hard to buy real music from independent record shops. Too much of this X Factor crap being peddled these days.
Surprised to hear that Nom - tried Marks for Fabs - lovely trousers but low waist As usual .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
that's a good deal Jem but be careful their sizes are much smaller than ours I recently bought an XL size jacket from China and when it came back it was two sizes too small they would except returns but it was £60 postage with tracking which they insist on......needless to say it went to a charity shop
Good advice - they do come up smaller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top