Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Re: Too soon!

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thank goodness for that, I was beginning to wish I'd kept my big gob shut after all
Ha ha
Cass agrees too - things are looking up
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 07:00 PM

I'm sick sick sick of all the Christmas advertising already and we're not even halfway through November
I mean REALLY sick of it.
So much hype and build up...we even get tasters of the big ones before they're released now.
The man in the moon one is very sweet but I'm heartily sick of it now!

Why oh why can't everyone hold back until December?
It would be so much more enjoyable
I’m sick of it meself Ruthio but what can we do? I’ve often said that if someone came up with a ‘Christmas pill’, one you take and go to bed and don’t wake up until New Years day they would make a fortune, and think of all the weight one could lose if they wanted to, just get your other half to fill and adjust the drip feed every so often.
To add insult to injury they have a Christmas films channel running since the end of October, everything from Santa in outer space to santa in tights and Santa the Wrestler, enough to make you want to tear Santa to pieces when he comes down the chimney. Happy Christmas!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 07:09 PM

That's right Jem - used to look forward to the Christmas films that were actually on Christmas fortnight !
Now October !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 07:46 PM

'Water off a duck's back' as far as I'm concerned.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:11 PM

Christmas.. Bah humbug.
But I think it is nice for everyone to celebrate the birth of a Jewish boy.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:16 PM

Well I agree with you Ruthio,its much too soon,the shops started at the end of October, the trouble is that companies all want you to buy their goods and try to get in before others do.Its hard on people with children ,as the children watch the adverts and see things they want.It also upsets people who are on their own,it brings it home that they have no one all that much quicker.I dont particularly like Christmas and dont want it pushed down my throat for weeks before the day
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:26 PM

Christmas? Whats Christmas? No it's not the same anymore, just kids getting more toys... Hang on i mean Ipads, Xbox, Mobiles, Tellys, Ps4's... Techophobics that's just what they're becoming and leaving us all behind.. Lets hope it pays off in time to come....
toyboyroy
South Wales
toyboyroy is male  toyboyroy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:39 PM

I agree Jem, Christmas films seem to dominate the SKY channels and my Mrs watches them every night which annoys me as they are repeated over and over and have been doing so for years.

And to top it off, they will still be showing up to May 2016.

Roy
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:38 PM

Those Sky Christmas films are the same year after year. I never watch them.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:38 AM

I'm sick sick sick of all the Christmas advertising already and we're not even halfway through November
I mean REALLY sick of it.
So much hype and build up...we even get tasters of the big ones before they're released now.
The man in the moon one is very sweet but I'm heartily sick of it now!

Why oh why can't everyone hold back until December?
It would be so much more enjoyable
Totally agree, although for some reason this year I seem to have the ability to let it all wash over me. Thank goodness!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top