Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:53 AM

Re: Too soon!

I was not pleased to see the Christmas Trees,decorations and goods appearing in some shops last week
The addition of Christmas goods means normal goods are moved around making them difficult to find .

I can't wait for January 1st and a little normality.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was not pleased to see the Christmas Trees,decorations and goods appearing in some shops last week
The addition of Christmas goods means normal goods are moved around making them difficult to find .

Last week!!
In Sainsbury there was TINSEL, red and gold, wrapped around a board advertising mince pies in October!
I had a chat with a member of staff, said it was ridiculous!
He laughed (it was all very good humoured, I didn't rant, honest!) ...and then said we've got Easter eggs next week!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:01 PM

Agree there Meg! Asda have removed my favourite frangipanes to make room for mince pies! I would like them at Xmas as I don't like mince pies!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Agree there Meg! Asda have removed my favourite frangipanes to make room for mince pies! I would like them at Xmas as I don't like mince pies!
Exactly -
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Ditto...except Jan' 1st here is a bit mad as well starting on Hogmanay...so I can't wait for Jan' 2nd to get back to some normality.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Exactly -
You should make a fuss!
I remember years ago my mum asking for something she couldn't find and she was told there's no demand for it. Oh yes there is, said mum I'M demanding it!!
And guess what? It returned in a while, so keep demanding, don't lie down!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Ditto...except Jan' 1st here is a bit mad as well starting on Hogmanay...so I can't wait for Jan' 2nd to get back to some normality.

May darlin' - don't forget 25th January too - you'll need your 'wee dram' and Haggis.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
May darlin' - don't forget 25th January too - you'll need your 'wee dram' and Haggis.
Ah!but that's different UJ...it's just one day which celebrates the Birth of a real and very special Scotsman ;~)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Ah!but that's different UJ...it's just one day which celebrates the Birth of a real and very special Scotsman ;~)

I may be 400 miles away from the Scottish border, but I still have my haggis sitting in my fridge (no longer allowed a 'wee dram' as it interferes with the Warfarin I've been prescribed)
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:33 PM

Christmas is too commercial for me, so this year i am going to do my best to ignore it.
No decorations or crackers,roast beef and Yorkshire pud for dinner and giving a donation to a homeless shelter, instead of buying presents.I may put a small tree up but only because my cats like to knock the baubles off.
I have always wanted to see if there is a local pensioner, on their own for Christmas day, so they could come to my house for dinner, but nobody is allowed to tell you..... in case I intend to go round and steal from them, or worse!
In the afternoon I intend to sit and watch TV, with a couple of family members, sip a glass of wine and hopefully relax till bedtime.
I don't want to stop it, for those who enjoy it, but I just don't want the stress that a traditional Christmas brings.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top