Join for free
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:35 PM

Multi-tasking men and women

No sweat - I love it, and pretty good (even though my head is swelling by the minute) - so what is this rumour going round that women are better?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:42 PM

Re: Multi-tasking men and women

It's all practice at the end of the day. I used key in batches of orders at a mail order company, and could talk at the same time as reading and keying... I bet if you tried, after a while you would be able to do it... And yes women are the better sex, we can think quicker than the male. FACT!!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It's all practice at the end of the day. I used key in batches of orders at a mail order company, and could talk at the same time as reading and keying... I bet if you tried, after a while you would be able to do it... And yes women are the better sex, we can think quicker than the male. FACT!!
Yes that is why women form the core of the UK's test piliots
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 08:58 PM

Women are better at multi tasking because theyre brought up that way, from early chidhood they see their Mothers coping with running a home,cooking/cleaning etc. caring for the children [ nurse & nursemaid] doiing the shopping,and of ten going out to work.Fathers go to work,come homeand wait for the meal to be ready, he may drive the kids to/from activities . Thankfully things are changing now,Men are doing a lot of things their fathers never did,more live alone ,and those who are married are helping more in the home and caring for the chidren
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:22 PM

I recall reading somewhere an actual study which revealed that women do in fact multi-task far better than men.
Something to do with left-brain / right-brain stuff, I think.

I know my spouse watches TV, reads a book, does the crossword, plays a computer game and smokes .... simultaneously.

Annoys the crap out of me actually.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I recall reading somewhere an actual study which revealed that women do in fact multi-task far better than men.
Something to do with left-brain / right-brain stuff, I think.

I know my spouse watches TV, reads a book, does the crossword, plays a computer game and smokes .... simultaneously.

Annoys the crap out of me actually.
Where do you fit in Pumicestone?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Never underestimate the male of the species.

It's a cunning plan to get women to do most of the work
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Where do you fit in Pumicestone?
Oh waaaaay at the bottom of the list, Sue.

I just provide the books, crosswords, computer and smokes (and coffee and neck-rubs and ...).
She chooses the TV channel, mostly brain-dead stuff, and then half-watches it whilst doing all those other things.

I feel so much better getting that lot off my chest

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top